Tuesday dinner, April 25, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Low country shrimp and grits, has andouille, bacon, yellow and red bells, onions, garlic, worchestershire, shrimp/chicken stock. The shrimp are seasoned with salt, cayenne, and lemon juice first thing and allowed to sit until the end. Grits were new to us. Grocery started carrying a new brand a while back, Ralston. The grits were purple, red and brown rice grits. I'm assuming the purple was actually black since the liquid turned the same color as when I cook black rice. They were okay, but I'd rather have hominy grits.20230425_180941.jpg

Was supposed to do some chicken in a mushroom gravy. Split the chicken... and quit.
Had a slice of yesterday's quiche.
But I did practice making crepes on the induction crappy thing - something that supposed to cook in seconds took minutes... turning the heat up gently each one. LOL
Didn't even get to making the sauce for the asparagus wrapped in Crepes. But they look cute - tomorrow maybe.
20230425_150548.jpg and maybe even the chicken.

I cooked nearly all day yesterday, so today, just eating, warming things up and eating. We saw the Avatar Water movie today.
I tried a new salad dressing on our big salads. Mr bliss and I both liked it.
www.brandnewvegan.com/recipes/vegan-caesar-dressing

Ingredients

¼ cup raw cashews
¾ cup riced cauliflower
¾ cup water
3 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs nutritional yeast
3 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp capers
1 tsp vegan worchestershire sauce
1 tsp white miso
ground pepper to taste
It makes 2 cups of dressing and keeps for a few days.

We had to vote on a town issue today, so we ate out. We're usually satisfied when leaving a Chick-fil-A, but not today. Love the waffle fries-but not when they're cold and heavily salted. At least the second batch was hot... Our chicken sandwiches were better, but overall I was sorry I suggested The Chik.

Watermelon at home for dessert. Best part of supper!

Back
Top Bottom