Cinnamon, nutmeg and ground fennel seeds in yellow sauce..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i plan to make turkey patties in yellow simple sauce with cabbage. do you think cinnamon, nutmeg and grounded fennel seeds will go well in the sauce?
thank you in advance

Well, I have no idea what a yellow sauce is, but suspect it's a savory sauce if it's going with turkey. As far as putting those particular spices with a yellow sauce, I also have no idea except to say those spices can work with just about any food item you might want to use but has a lot to do with the totality and balance of a dish and your personal expectations and tastes regarding the proportions you used for those particular spices. Basically if you like the taste, who cares what other people think. :)

so i will make it :)
yellow sauce is just a sauce with turmeric and some other spices and herbs.....
i will also thicken it a bit with flour.....

summer cabbage causes a lot of gas so i will boil the cabbage first in salted water for 45 minutes and add it then..

That sounds like a really interesting flavor combination for your yellow sauce! The warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg can definitely work well in savory dishes, and fennel seeds add a lovely licorice-y anise note.

so i will make it :)
yellow sauce is just a sauce with turmeric and some other spices and herbs.....
i will also thicken it a bit with flour.....

summer cabbage causes a lot of gas so i will boil the cabbage first in salted water for 45 minutes and add it then..
What is summer cabbage? Kale? I am kind of horrified at the idea of cooking cabbage for 45 minutes, especially for adding it to something else that is still being cooked. But, that might just be me. I love cabbage, raw or lightly cooked. Cooked for very long and I find the smell unacceptable.

What is summer cabbage? Kale? I am kind of horrified at the idea of cooking cabbage for 45 minutes, especially for adding it to something else that is still being cooked. But, that might just be me. I love cabbage, raw or lightly cooked. Cooked for very long and I find the smell unacceptable.
the same vegetable. just the summer ones are more green and gaseous.

one article said to cook for about 10 min
another said to cook for 45 min

next time i will do the boiling for 10 minutes and then add to the stew.

you are right..

When you eat the summer cabbage, is it usually after not eating cabbage for a while? I ask because, some gassy vegetables are much gassier until your body gets used to them or eating them again.

Back
Top Bottom