Chicken skins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No taxy, don't know where you got that idea from. I did not say that nor do I believe did RR.
What I was saying is that my tummy does not send a "you are full" message to my brain so I keep on eating.
Besides, it would be my mouth telling me that it doesn't taste good, not my tummy.
So you keep on eating even though your tummy is trying to send a signal to your brain you are satiated but you choose to translate that to mean just the meat no longer taste great.
:LOL: So your switch isn't broken, just a little bent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know I can only handle a certain amount of fat before I don't want any more. Psychopoodle never begged at the table, but when I had steak, he sat nearby and watched me like a hawk. He know what I was eating, and that he was going to get my scraps, which were mostly fat. :ROFLMAO:

CD

Here's a recipe with chicken thigh meat, plus lovely, crunchy, crispy skin.

No taxy, don't know where you got that idea from. I did not say that nor do I believe did RR.
What I was saying is that my tummy does not send a "you are full" message to my brain so I keep on eating.
Besides, it would be my mouth telling me that it doesn't taste good, not my tummy.
So you keep on eating even though your tummy is trying to send a signal to your brain you are satiated but you choose to translate that to mean just the meat no longer taste great.
:LOL: So your switch isn't broken, just a little bent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I thought you two never got the "enough fat" signal. I guess it was the satiety signal you don't get. How do you decide when to stop eating, if your body doesn't tell you that you have eaten enough?

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure where this whole "enough is enough" thing is going, but, for example, today I was craving a taco salad from the Mexican restaurant down the street from where I work. So I ordered one and went to pick it up. Got back to the office and settled in at my desk to eat my salad. It was gorgeous, with shredded chicken cooked in a sauce with mild green chili peppers and onions, as well as the lettuce, the crispy taco shell, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.

About halfway through the salad, I began to no longer enjoy it. It wasn't like one of those "Okay, I'm full and I'm done" things; it was more like "Okay, this is starting to suck and no longer tastes good."

And it reminded me of this particular conversation and made me wonder - is it perfectly normal to think something no longer even tastes good just because I'm full? Or have I decided to stop eating because it no longer tastes good?

Did that even make sense?

:unsure:

I'm honestly not sure where this whole "enough is enough" thing is going, but, for example, today I was craving a taco salad from the Mexican restaurant down the street from where I work. So I ordered one and went to pick it up. Got back to the office and settled in at my desk to eat my salad. It was gorgeous, with shredded chicken cooked in a sauce with mild green chili peppers and onions, as well as the lettuce, the crispy taco shell, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.

About halfway through the salad, I began to no longer enjoy it. It wasn't like one of those "Okay, I'm full and I'm done" things; it was more like "Okay, this is starting to suck and no longer tastes good."

And it reminded me of this particular conversation and made me wonder - is it perfectly normal to think something no longer even tastes good just because I'm full? Or have I decided to stop eating because it no longer tastes good?

Yeah, like a lot of threads, this one took an unplanned turn.

I understand what you are saying. When reach the point where continuing to eat is no longer pleasurable, I stop. I think economists call that the "law of diminishing returns." My Economics 101 professor described that concept like this, when you start drinking, you feel good, and drink some more, and feel even better, but then you reach a point where you go from feeling better with each drink, to feeling worse, and if don't stop drinking, you end up on your knees in front of a toilet. :ROFLMAO:

CD

Yeah, like a lot of threads, this one took an unplanned turn.

I understand what you are saying. When reach the point where continuing to eat is no longer pleasurable, I stop. I think economists call that the "law of diminishing returns." My Economics 101 professor described that concept like this, when you start drinking, you feel good, and drink some more, and feel even better, but then you reach a point where you go from feeling better with each drink, to feeling worse, and if don't stop drinking, you end up on your knees in front of a toilet. :ROFLMAO:

CD
Been there and done that more times than I care to mention. Well, in my younger years, that is. Although I still enjoy my libations, I definitely can't drink like I used to be able to.

Guess I can't eat like I used to be able to either.

Satiety is kind of complicated which as you all know I can go into a lot of depth in nutrition which most find boring, so I won't do that and just say the new weight lose magic pills are Ozempic and Wegovy which are GLP-1 agonists which stands for glucagon-like peptide-1 which is naturally produced in intestinal L-cells in the gut and certain neurons in the brainstem. Basically people are losing a lot of weight in spite of consuming the foods that made them obese. Of course these don't actually cure anything because these are simply a medication that addresses the symptom of overeating and not the lifestyle change that would bring these hormones back into a more balanced nature. :)

Especially with something like complete meal salads, I get tired of chewing, besides starting to feel full. And by the time I get to that point, it doesn't taste as good as it did at the beginning. Food always tastes better when you are really hungry.

Especially with something like complete meal salads, I get tired of chewing, besides starting to feel full. And by the time I get to that point, it doesn't taste as good as it did at the beginning. Food always tastes better when you are really hungry.
Well, you definitely make a good point there. It's just I can't remember, until recently, ever thinking ugh, this is starting to taste like crap.

Been there and done that more times than I care to mention. Well, in my younger years, that is. Although I still enjoy my libations, I definitely can't drink like I used to be able to.

Guess I can't eat like I used to be able to either.

I long for the days when I could eat massive amounts of food, and not gain a single ounce. It all changed in my mid 40s. :cry:

CD

I long for the days when I could eat massive amounts of food, and not gain a single ounce. It all changed in my mid 40s. :cry:

CD
Yep. I'm right there with ya. I've never really been a big eater, but I've had my moments in the past where I stuffed myself to the hilt. However, it's probably a good thing we can't eat like that anymore, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom