Cast Iron Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I ask how you turn photos, when posted to DC? I take photos on my Android, email them to my laptop and download onto my home page.

If I use them any place, (FB, other blogs, etc.) other than DC, they post correctly. On DC they always post upside down. I use the "Manage Attachments, browse, upload" features when posting photos on DC.

I have downloaded DC onto my phone and can directly post them to DC there but, not into DC on my laptop.

TIA,

Ross
I have the same problem on some forums not just DC from my laptop. I send myself photos also. After I edit them I save to my desktop. Then I click to open the photo with "Photos". They are always upside down.

photo-upside-down.JPG

I use the Icon which I put an arrow to in above picture to rotate the photo to right position.

photo-right-way.JPG

Then I refresh my desktop to ensure the photo is in proper position. Then upload to forum.

Last edited:
Thank you, msmofet. :)

Pics go from my phone, to my gmail, to my desktop, and are correct but, from desktop to DC, they turn upside down.

I have tried rotating but not refreshing. Perhaps that might work.

Ross

Question:

I know that these dinner rolls are called Cast Iron Rolls,
but could I bake them in mini aluminum loaf pans?

I want to make up a double batch, one for DH and I
baked in the CI skillet and the other in those disposable
pans to go with some Soup for the Neighbors.
I figure that I could fit 4 rolls per pan ...

Will this work?

They may bake a little differently because the aluminum pans will heat up faster.

You could try increasing the oven temp by 25ºF. It's the reverse of lowering the heat by 25ºF for dark pans (CI).

I have baked them as rolls in my French bread pan. (which is perforated)

I rolled them into 4 long rolls and put 2 into each side.
Came out a little top heavy but sort of like submarine rolls.

I'll take a picture next time.

They may bake a little differently because the aluminum pans will heat up faster.

You could try increasing the oven temp by 25ºF. It's the reverse of lowering the heat by 25ºF for dark pans (CI).

I'll give this a shot Andy.
I made a double batch, one to give in the aluminum pans,
and one in the CI for DH and I.
For us, I'm going to make the larger rolls per my
husband's request.
And I'm using the last of that flat bottle of
Beer that I keep in the `fridge, just for baking/cooking.

...And I'm using the last of that flat bottle of Beer that I keep in the `fridge, just for baking/cooking.

I made one batch with beer instead of milk. The only difference I could see/taste is that the rolls made with milk brown better, which is understandable.

question:

I know that these dinner rolls are called cast iron rolls,
but could i bake them in mini aluminum loaf pans?

I want to make up a double batch, one for dh and i
baked in the ci skillet and the other in those disposable
pans to go with some soup for the neighbors.
I figure that i could fit 4 rolls per pan ...

Will this work?

they may bake a little differently because the aluminum pans will heat up faster.

You could try increasing the oven temp by 25ºf. It's the reverse of lowering the heat by 25ºf for dark pans (ci).

i'll give this a shot andy.
I made a double batch, one to give in the aluminum pans,
and one in the ci for dh and i.
For us, i'm going to make the larger rolls per my
husband's request.
And i'm using the last of that flat bottle of
beer that i keep in the `fridge, just for baking/cooking.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

The rolls in the aluminum pans came out okay, but the bottoms are a bit pale. I baked them at 400° for 18 minutes. I decided that the first batch that was going to the two neighbors to our East, would be divided in to 6 per pan, that worked out great. They each also have Split Pea & Ham Soup on this very snowy day.
(we had to shovel the drive 3 times, so far.... 7 inches with 3 more coming :ermm:)

The second batch of dough went into my CI in the original stated recipe of 8 pieces. MAN! Those are huge! We haven't even sat down to dinner and my husband as eaten THREE rolls :LOL: Now you watch, he's gonna say, "oh, I'm not hungry now".
:ROFLMAO:
I WAS going to grill a Strip Steak, I've already baked off a huge Russet and Chopped Salads are in the `fridge... oh well, I'll eat well. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom