Best store bought macaroni and cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit to a guilty pleasure of the blue box brand, though I generally get the box of individual servings, and add in a little butter at the end. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, my body has decided it no longer likes the blue box brand.

Cannot beat
Reser's Main St Mac n Cheese.jpg

Reser's Main St. Bistro Baked Mac & Cheese

Never tried any of those, maybe I should. I've always made from scratch and can't imagine any other way. I have tasted KD (kraft dinner) and it was pretty nasty and so thought they all tasted pretty much the same. there was a canned mac and cheese product back in the 70's that was pretty liquidy and was pretty nasty, can't remember the name but it wasn't Heinz

Never tried any of those, maybe I should. I've always made from scratch and can't imagine any other way. I have tasted KD (kraft dinner) and it was pretty nasty and so thought they all tasted pretty much the same. there was a canned mac and cheese product back in the 70's that was pretty liquidy and was pretty nasty, can't remember the name but it wasn't Heinz
It was Franco-American, and it was in the late 50s and early 60s.

Haven't had Kraft since maybe the late 70's? Was a staple in our house with 4 kids. I liked it, fancied up a bit with seasonings, sausages, etc. Certainly served it's purpose. Stopped buying when the price quadrupled in a year. Making from scratch was even more expensive! Used to think Velveeta was the answer but that too is a horrendous price.
For myself - not worth the effort especially when having found that Main St Bistro, so fantastic.
I will say that Ina Garten's "Adult Mac 'n Cheese" is also great but the cheese (again) is pricey.

Velveeta maybe?

Stouffer's is available in single serving cups. Being single, making from scratch is limited to when I have guests. Those cups are just right for a last minute side for some meat I cooked. I often add some good cheese to mine to make it thicker, richer and customize the flavor profile.

CD

We were a Stouffers family, especially since their outlet store was about 5 miles from my folks' home. However, I grabbed a tub of macaroni and cheese from the fresh food case at Aldi during our moving time. It's a very, very close second to Stouffers but cheaper ounce to ounce. It's my go-to when I don't have homemade.

I grew up with Scandinavian parents. Mac and cheese and squash were not part of my childhood foods, neither were sweet potatoes or pumpkin pie. I have never developed a liking for them. I have no idea about the differences between various store bought mac and cheeses.

My problem is that I don't have a microwave and some mac and cheese only have directions for microwave prep

Back
Top Bottom