Anyone eating Wednesday, September 4, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
There's an older anchor on 1 of our local stations, who has a weekly segment on how to make fairly simple quick dishes. She did 1 last week using King's Hawaiian rolls, purchased or homemade small meatballs, purchased or homemade marinara, mozzarella and ParmR. You core out each roll, leaving bottom intact, take a little more bread out around the sides, brush with garlic oil, toast, then put a little marinara on the bottom, some mozzarella, a cooked meatball, some more mozzarella, a little more sauce, then grate some ParmR on top, bake in the oven at 300 F for about 20-25 minutes. You can even leave the rolls in the cardboard tray they come in to bake.

I made the meatballs, plus have more for another meal, as well as the marinara. They came out pretty good, but I think I would either buy rolls that don't have the slightly sweet taste like King's Hawaiian do, or make garlic rolls and form the dough like a doughnut where the hole doesn't go all the way through. Then, just bake everything in 1 go.

Oh, picture is pre bake, but after toast. I forgot to take 1 after bake. We had tots as a side.

20240904_181518.jpg

Went to a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Phoebus, VA called Mama Rosa's. They have the best Cream of Broccoli soup I've had in a while. Also had angel hair pasta with meat sauce. Stopped at Dairy Queen for a small French Silk Pie Blizzard. My blood sugar is going to be through the roof tomorrow - but I don't indulge like this every day.

I was very unmotivated today. Eventually I fried a pork chop and some sliced mushrooms. I made a salad of green crisp lettuce, garlicky olives, and shaved red onion. I just sprinkled a bit of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and some white wine vinegar on top and called it a salad. I also had a piece of whole wheat toast. That was pretty good for uninspired.

I almost forgot. I got some Tajin with today's grocery order. I tried some on the salad and it was interesting and delicious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom