♫Monday, Monday, so good to meeee♪♫ Anything good to eat? 10/21/2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
I finally had a winner dinner. I had two recipes for maple pork loin, one baked and one in the crock pot. I chose to use the one in the crock pot. It called for maple syrup and bacon wrapped around the loin. I read the reviews this time and took a reviewer's advice to take the pork out after 9 hours and put it in the oven under the broiler for the bacon to crisp. Good call. Then I put some of the sauce in a pan, added some cornstarch, and cooked it until it thickened and spooned it over the roast.

Served it (to myself) with mashed potatoes flavored with bacon bits and Boursin herb and garlic cheese. I was going to add a biscuit but this was all I could eat tonight.

I was so excited about having an edible dinner I could hardly take a decent picture. LOL
100_0101.JPG

I made fridge soup and poached a duck egg in the soup. I used the veggie stock I made last night and added some BTB (Better Than Bouillon) chicken base. I put in the last of the pre-cooked basmati rice, some of the rice pilaf and roast potato left from the Greek resto order.

I am getting my flu and C19 shots tomorrow and with two vax on the same day, I'm not sure how I will feel for the next few days. There is enough soup left to be very easy supper for two or three days. I had piece of rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread) with butter on the side. The soup was good enough that I'm stuffed.

2024-10-21 Fridge soup with an egg1.jpg

A local landmark restro salad, shrimp, HB eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, with their signature honey mustard dressing.

1000005658.jpg

I am getting my flu and C19 shots tomorrow and with two vax on the same day, I'm not sure how I will feel for the next few days. There is enough soup left to be very easy supper for two or three days. I had piece of rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread) with butter on the side. The soup was good enough that I'm stuffed.

Good looking soup. (y)

I had the flu and Covid booster last week. One in each arm. No side effects at all, except for mildly sore arms for about one day. Actually, just one night, since I am a side sleeper.

CD

Back
Top Bottom