What's for dinner Wednesday? (17th January 2024)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another good use of sous vide is to reheat meats. You can bring the meat back to its original cooked temperature without the meat getting any more done. A medium rare steak reheated sous vide will still be medium rare. It takes a while, so you have to plan ahead.

CD
Planning ahead, not my strong point... I did think about what I was going to have tho, that's 1 point in my favour, no?
Does it involve getting out equipment? filling with water? turning on? waiting?

is that faster than sitting, opening the container of meat, container of sauce, dipping said cold meat into said cold sauce?
Takes too much thought, effort.

We had Chipotle takeout at a drive thru only location.

Here's what happened when the crew member at the window handed me my drink. The lid was cracked and had a tear, so when she handed me the drink and turned away, as I gripped the cup the lid popped off, the drink cup buckled and spurted rootbeer all over me and the interior of my car, soaking through my shirt and pants and getting all over my car seat and hands. I quickly jumped out of the car and waved the crew member down and explained what happened. I handed her the half empty drink cup and showed her the cracked lid, and asked her for some napkins. She sincerely apologized, then quickly obtained the napkins for me and went to fill the cup and get me a new lid. As I was looking down wiping the soda and ice cubes off my clothes, a guest of wind caught my car door and slammed the top corner of the door straight into my right eye, cutting the eyelid, and I now have a black eye. The food was good though and I'm not blind.
How awful! As you say, it could have been much worse, but still - a horrible thing to happen. I'm glad you are more or less okay.

How awful! As you say, it could have been much worse, but still - a horrible thing to happen. I'm glad you are more or less okay.
20240118_103209.jpg

Thank you!] It looks worse than it feels. I'll stop whining now lol.

It's funny how bruises change colour so many times before they eventually start fading away.
Reminds me of my falling down the stairs when I had a high fever (Covid) couldn't stand up, no strength in my legs just went tumbling down - black/purple/green eye and also multicoloured thighs! 😂

It's funny how bruises change colour so many times before they eventually start fading away.
Reminds me of my falling down the stairs when I had a high fever (Covid) couldn't stand up, no strength in my legs just went tumbling down - black/purple/green eye and also multicoloured thighs! 😂
I have accidents with furniture. I don't know why I haven't figured out where the coffee table is (we have a seating area in our bedroom) after it's been in the same spot for about 20 years, but in the middle of the night if I get up to go get water I sometimes run into it (or one of the chairs), LOL!

Hitting chair at high speed having just been clothes lined across the ankles.
First evening ...
20200407_213219 (2).jpg
Next (2nd) day...
20200408_065642 (2).jpg

following 3rd day ...
20200409_071455 (2).jpg

point of impact was just above my eye brow, about at the peak. I can still feel a slight bump on the bone. and that was in 2020.
That's the colourful part... after that it just went to various shades of green then puke yellow. :LOL:
Should also probably mention it was the armrest on a high wing-back chair. Well padded, my feet were NOT touching the ground when I hit.

Hitting chair at high speed having just been clothes lined across the ankles.
First evening ... View attachment 67709 Next (2nd) day... View attachment 67710

following 3rd day ... View attachment 67711

point of impact was just above my eye brow, about at the peak. I can still feel a slight bump on the bone. and that was in 2020.
That's the colourful part... after that it just went to various shades of green then puke yellow. :LOL:
Should also probably mention it was the armrest on a high wing-back chair. Well padded, my feet were NOT touching the ground when I hit.
Yours may have been a bit worse. Yours definitely had a wider area of impact, but that's close to how mine looked on those days...like a 4 year old had fun with markers while I was asleep! It's really odd, the 1st day is when it hurt a little (pain dulled by a few glasses of wine) but it looked far worse the following days and didn't hurt much.

LOL, exactly. My impact may have addled my brain but then there's not much in there to addle. So no real harm done.
But yours, IMHO, was much more dangerous! You actually had a cut and aside from possible infection you could easily have punctured your eye! That is debatable as to whether you can come back from that.
Mine is just a memory now, well, maybe that bump still does "itch" at times. Guess these old bones have a few feelings after all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom