What's for dinner Saturday, October 19, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Marinated ribeye carpaccio on a bed of baby arugula, with thinly-sliced marinated mushrooms, with shaved ParmR, and lots of capers nonpareilles for Craig, with just a few for me.

1000005636.jpg

We both had veggie burgers with all the fixins for dinner. I had a homemade veggie burger made of mostly beans/rice and he had a store bought Actual Veggies burger made of mushroom quinoa and black beans. Apples and date paste (thick caramel) for dessert.

Leftovers from yesterday's Greek feast. I ate all the meat and salad. There is still a portion of rice pilaf and a few roast potato quarters. I guess I was hungry. There were several large chunks of yummy, succulent, chicken souvlaki and a big pile of delicious pork gyro when I started. No pictures. The food looked pretty much the same as yesterday, just not as tidy.

Our go to restaurant in Mount Albert, The Twisted Fork, received our call for a pick-up one hour before closing. They were very gracious and served up 2 Meatloaf and gravy with fresh steamed and sauced vegies, 2 french fries, and 2 Caesar Salads. Bro went to for the pick-up and brought home the absolutely delicious meals that we divvied up between the 3 of us.

Meatloaf was 2 thick slices per serving. We each had one huge slice/slab and there's one for someone tomorrow. Believe I have said before and say again, servings are huge and prices are extremely reasonable. For less than $20.00 per serving - how can you lose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom