What's for dinner on Thursday 7th March?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I had a molar extracted yesterday so mashed potato yesterday, and Cottage Pie today. (And more of the same tomorrow).
Cottage Pie.jpg

Not too sure on supper tonight, just finished ANOTHER 2 hour session with tekkies this time for my tablet. Now a bit worn out...

but I did have a very delish, gooey, dripping hamburger (tomato, jalapeno, onion, mushrooms plus relish and mustard) for lunch - so maybe just crackers and cheese.

Not too sure on supper tonight, just finished ANOTHER 2 hour session with tekkies this time for my tablet. Now a bit worn out...

but I did have a very delish, gooey, dripping hamburger (tomato, jalapeno, onion, mushrooms plus relish and mustard) for lunch - so maybe just crackers and cheese.
Tekkies?

Techies?

We had paninis made from the Aldi's trio pack again on Aldi's ciabatta bread. It is so good for a meal that takes less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish. Again, marinara sauce, sliced onions, the trio and squished 3 minutes a side on medium heat. A pack of the bread makes 6 sandwiches.

20240307_183507.jpg
20240306_120907.jpg

techie, teckie, tekie, techy, tecky, teky..... have no idea what the spelling is - thay all sound out the same phonetically, so sorry for the abbrev. wrd

technician

and no, I was not asking Scottie or anyone else from Star Trek. besides, aren't they Trekkies?

I made a Danish "Æggekage". Æggekage translates to egg cake. It's a Danish omelet. It was garnished with bacon, scallion greens, and chopped, roasted red peppers. I had to fight with the bacon. The slices were odd shapes and all stuck together. Tasted fine, but I hate fighting with the food. I served it with toast made from the
Æggekage (Danish omelet) with bacon, roasted red pepper, and scallion greens.jpg
Æggekage med bacon, roasted red pepper, and scallion greens along with toasted homemade bread.jpg
Æggekage with bacon, roasted red pepper, and scallion greens along with toasted homemade bread.jpg
bread I baked yesterday. It was good and very filling.

Techies?

We had paninis made from the Aldi's trio pack again on Aldi's ciabatta bread. It is so good for a meal that takes less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish. Again, marinara sauce, sliced onions, the trio and squished 3 minutes a side on medium heat. A pack of the bread makes 6 sandwiches.

View attachment 68333View attachment 68334
I think I need to make a trip to Aldi today 😋

@KatyCooks, I hope you are feeling better. Dental work is rough.

@Kathleen I think I need to look for that hot ham combo. I use those ciabatta rolls a lot - I have 3 in the freezer. I also have a half jar of the marinara. I will be going to Aldi early next week...

I cooked a real meal Thursday. We haven't had smothered chicken for a while, and I had mushrooms and onions that needed using up. Added shredded Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on top. Served with creamy yellow mashed potatoes, plus Brussels sprouts for Himself and asparagus for me.

20240307_230609.jpg

happy hour eats. pizza!!! gluten free for me withsauteed mushrooms and onions and a side of mozarella sticks and a hard seltzer, and regular for dh with a side of sweet potato fries and a beer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom