What's for dinner Friday, September 22, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I made chili tonight. Ground beef, onion, orange bell pepper, my house blend AP seasoning, cumin, chili powder, Trader Joe's smoked paprika & hot chilies, McCormick chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes, and red kidney beans. Served over brown rice and topped with parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses. Sometimes I top it with shredded cheddar, sour cream, and scallions.

chili_092223_1_IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_3157.JPG

I have been so ono (that's Hawaii speak for 'I really want to eat this ...') for Kara'age or Japenese-Style Fried Chicken, My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever) and that ever present steam White Rice - YUM!!! I made a point of making extra to be re-heated in the Air Fryer.
Being ill, I was told absolutely no fried foods, but now ...

I made chili tonight. Ground beef, onion, orange bell pepper, my house blend AP seasoning, cumin, chili powder, Trader Joe's smoked paprika & hot chilies, McCormick chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes, and red kidney beans. Served over brown rice and topped with parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses. Sometimes I top it with shredded cheddar, sour cream, and scallions.

chili_092223_1_IMG_1626.jpg
Have you shared the recipe for your house blend AP seasoning?

My day started badly and then there was more crap. Meal plan had to be jettisoned. So, I pulled some cold smoked salmon out of the freezer to defrost and some bagels out of the fidgicator. So,that was supper, along with sliced onion, capers, cream cheese and pickles.

Have you shared the recipe for your house blend AP seasoning?
Here you go taxy.

Just cooked this for Sunday lunch :

Cod fillets, followed by rice and spinach croquettes (oven baked).
Ok for a healthy low cholesterol diet but my fellow nationals wouldn't approve. Italian Sunday lunch without pasta??
Had a glass of Falanghina white wine, though!

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_125232.jpg
    IMG_20230924_125232.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230924_124835.jpg
    IMG_20230924_124835.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom