What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night I made myself some overnight 'oats'. I used my fermented 9 grain flakes, almond milk, shredded carrots, sweetened coconut flakes, cinnamon, ground flax and chia, wheat germ, and honey. It was good, like a carrot cake flavor. Even the fermented grains have a slight tang to them, reminding me of the cream cheese icing. I'll make it again for tomorrow.

I wanted a fairly dark egg, but a big one, to do some etching on. As our hens are not yet producing 'big' eggs yet - and I worry that when they do start to get big - they won't be as dark. I was keeping watch for larger than other eggs - usually meaning a double yolk, with a dark shell - and finally success!

1722660431050.png

thankfully the yolks weren't tooo big - had to squeeze whole thru the hole, LOL
Fried eggs (with mushrooms, onion, toast) for breakfast.

Satudrday, 3 August 2024: Double coffee/double espresso in a 12oz borosilicate glass cup, two basted eggs, three pineapple pancakes, 4 Farmer John snausages, tropical fruit salad and Ovaltine.

Sunday brunch will be a petite sirloin steak, two basted eggs, home fries, some fresh fruit to be named later, and, well, the orange juice looks kind of murky and the expiration date is sometime back in May, so today will just be a champagne Sunday Brunch.

Late breakfast, ice cold, overnight 'oats', peach and cinnamon. I went from being too hot to being 'just right'.

Something i've never had or certainly never made is a Dutch Baby - of any flavour. I've seen plenty of recipes but never been enticed to make one.

Dutch babies are another type of breakfast option. Waffles, pancakes, quiche, Dutch baby, etc. I love them. They are versatile in what you can put on them to make them. They can be a light summer fare with berries, or a fall comfort breakfast with apples and walnuts. Simply put, they are yummy. Plus you can pair them with many things. Sausage, bacon, eggs, etc.

Dutch babies are another type of breakfast option. Waffles, pancakes, quiche, Dutch baby, etc. I love them. They are versatile in what you can put on them to make them. They can be a light summer fare with berries, or a fall comfort breakfast with apples and walnuts. Simply put, they are yummy. Plus you can pair them with many things. Sausage, bacon, eggs, etc.
How would you compare them to pancakes or waffles I mean, you can put all that stuff on pancakes and waffles too.

Speaking strictly from looking at the finished products of recipes for Dutch Babies I always got the impression they were like a sweetened pancake popover - light and airy, then collapsing with the fruit (and cold air). LOL

and speaking of pancakes, no, I don't like them 'fluffy' nor thick. I prefer them thinner - so when someone says huge fluffy pancakes, meh... not a turn-on for me!
Sorry to all you lovers of "fluffy"!

For brunch today, ham steaks, fried eggs over medium, biscuits with plum jam, and um....tater tots. It was the bag I grabbed that I had hoped to use up. They were fine for "breakfast potatoes" after I fried them in a hint of bacon grease in a cast iron skillet. 😁

20240818_115030 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom