What did you eat Sunday, May 5, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner was pan-fried skirt steak, creamed spinach, and Trader Joe's vegetable bird nests.

skirt_steak_050254_1_IMG_2627.jpg

I started a migraine this afternoon, so I wasn't really up for making supper. I had some kippered herring out of a can on a slice of Wasa crisp rye bread and some more on some toast. When I got hungry a bit later, I had some tortilla chips with hummus and Kalamata olives. That really hit the spot.

I had a Bell & Evans frozen chicken burger on Italian toast with a slice of cheese, pickles, etc…

I had never tried Bell & Evans products before because I felt that they were a bit too spendy.

The chicken burger was good and not terribly expensive on a cost per serving basis.

I cooked it from frozen on medium heat in a covered cast iron pan with a squirt of cooking spray for approx. 5 minutes per side.

Last edited:
Not even realizing tht it was Cinco de Mayo when I planned the day's menu, I made a Sunday brunch fritatta, Southwestern style, with 6 eggs seasoned with corriander, cumin, onion, garlic Mexican oregano and a touch of crushed red pepper; carnitas, jalopy peppers, and 5 cheese Mexican blend; two buttered flour tortillas, and an orange mimosa.

For Sunday dinner I had a bowl of homemade chili with beans and a slice of cast iron skillet jalapeño corn bread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom