What did you eat Saturday, August 31, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
My favorite steak dinner (from Steve's Sizzling Steak) - NY strip, steak fries, and mushrooms. The side salad with blue cheese dressing is not in the picture.

steve_steak_083124_1_IMG_2929.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_4415.JPG

We have a "Farm to Table" Farm not far from us and they've started to incorporate other things than just produce.
In the freezer case, along with their own ranch raised meats (beef, pork, chicken and turkey) I spied two sizes of Chicken Pot Pie - I went small.
Very tasty!
DH's pictured Chopped Salad is all their produce, and I gotta say, even though it is spendier than the mega-mart, MAN, it's much better in taste and quality!

I had planned on waiting a couple of days to have the rest of the frikadeller. But, I started craving them, so I had five of the seven leftover frikadeller tonight. I will probably have the other two on a sandwich. I nuked a potato and scooped the potato flesh onto my plate along with sour cream and chives. I sautéed some spinach in bacon fat. I also had pickled beets and cucumber salad.

2024-08-31 Frikadeller, baked potato, sautéed spinach, pickled beets, and cucumber salad1.jpg

Again, everyone's dinners sound and look very tasty.
Again, my wine was also very tasty.
Had some freezer hors d'oeuvre of calamari rings and tentacles. Hard to get the exact point to take out of oven, one minute they're perfect, the next second, too crispy!

I got some fresh eggs recently. They were full of blood drops. Couldn't eat them. :( I used to love fresh just laid eggs.

I got some fresh eggs recently. They were full of blood drops. Couldn't eat them. :( I used to love fresh just laid eggs.
They are not really blood drops. They are pieces of tissue that break away while the egg passes along the 'corridor'. Were there just one per egg or many per egg? Many, many pieces of tissue suggests that perhaps the chicke is rather elderly or very young.
I once had a chicken who laid eggs with one drop of tissue almost every time. Came to recognize her egg and would keep them for myself, rather than sell them. You don't see/notice them once cooked and especially if scrambled. Or use them for baking.
However, tons of specks in one egg is not good and I would toss them for sure.
Here endeth lesson #104 in chicken eggs.
and a quick lesson #105 - always crack fresh farm eggs into a separate bowl, one at a time - before adding into the rest of the ingredients, one at a time. :mrgreen:
The yolks were such a vivid yellow/orange. The egg pasta was delicious, I made a Nonna sized batch of this meal.
We have a guest who eats like it’s his last meal!
Sounds like me!

They are not really blood drops. They are pieces of tissue that break away while the egg passes along the 'corridor'. Were there just one per egg or many per egg? Many, many pieces of tissue suggests that perhaps the chicke is rather elderly or very young.
I once had a chicken who laid eggs with one drop of tissue almost every time. Came to recognize her egg and would keep them for myself, rather than sell them. You don't see/notice them once cooked and especially if scrambled. Or use them for baking.
However, tons of specks in one egg is not good and I would toss them for sure.
Here endeth lesson #104 in chicken eggs.
and a quick lesson #105 - always crack fresh farm eggs into a separate bowl, one at a time - before adding into the rest of the ingredients, one at a time. :mrgreen:

Sounds like me!
LOTS! Yuck

Back
Top Bottom