What are your menu choices for October?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what I want to make? Just a good loaf of bread. I just don't have any place to knead it, though.
Thanks for more potato ideas!
Could you knead it at the table where you eat? After kneading it takes a half hour or so to rise, then a half hour or so to bake, more than enough time to clean up the kneading area?

You know what I want to make? Just a good loaf of bread. I just don't have any place to knead it, though.
I have made this bread and it worked well, even though I used about 75% whole wheat flour. There is almost no kneading and what there is, you do in the bowl that the bread rises in. The bread was pretty good, but I didn't like what it did to my cast iron Dutch oven. It also got a bit burnt at the bottom, so if you do make it, I would recommend putting a cookie sheet or sheet pan on a shelf below the bread to deflect some of the heat away from the bottom. I may try his method that doesn't use a Dutch oven.

<snip>

Now the Chantilly potatoes recipe isn't the recipe I had before. When I went back to get it one day, the page had disappeared. So this is what was on the internet. Actually, Allrecipes found it for me. I have it on my list to make next week, but I don't know how it compares to my other recipe, which was heavenly. But its worth giving it a shot.
I got tired of that kind of thing happening. Do you use Copy Me That? This is one of the reasons that CMT was started. If one of the recipes I have saved there goes away, I still have the whole recipe and I can find it anywhere I have an internet connection and a web browser.

You can knead a single loaf right in the mixing bowl that you stirred it up in.

You could also go with a simple no knead loaf. Most no knead recipes are a bit more dense and are usually better eaten fresh from the oven which has never been a problem for me. 🐷🐷🐷

This is one of many simple recipes.

Back
Top Bottom