The two months till Christmas dinner meal 10/24/2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
I had a stuffed potato. Baked and then the insides were mixed with sour cream, bacon, cheese, onion, garlic, you guys get the picture. And here 'tis

100_0104.JPG

And hey! I had the maple pork loin (leftover from Monday's supper) for lunch and spread some of the sauce over it. And I found out something new. I put the loin in the microwave to heat up and the sauce caramelized! So from now on, instead of just thickening that sauce, I'm also going to caramelize it. That put a whole new spin on it!

Veggie burger w/fixins and a green smoothie. Maybe some crustless pumpkin pie later.

edit: really? 2 months to Christmas? It is. How did that happen

Last edited:
I spent the day moving my mom into an assisted living apartment.

I didn't have any time for lunch. I ate McDonald's in the truck on the way back to my hotel. The hotel has a bar. I rarely drink anymore, but Mr. Jim Beam was callin' to me. I had a stupidly expensive drink, and went to my room for a hot shower.

CD

I picked up a steak in the small grocery section of the pharmacy where I got my flu and covid shots yesterday. It was a good looking steak at a reasonable price. I really want to eat that steak, but I just didn't have the energy to cook it properly today. So, I had ham on rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread). I finished off the last 600 ml or so of the fridge soup.

I picked up a steak in the small grocery section of the pharmacy where I got my flu and covid shots yesterday. It was a good looking steak at a reasonable price. I really want to eat that steak, but I just didn't have the energy to cook it properly today. So, I had ham on rugbrød (Danish style, heavy, rye bread). I finished off the last 600 ml or so of the fridge soup.

I hope you cook that steak soon. I've read that beef protein is good after getting flu and covid shots. I read it on the internet, so it must be true. ;)

CD

Back
Top Bottom