Arby's The Big Game Burger Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Sept23_LTO_BigGameBurger.jpg

I went back to Arby's for this so called new item. I only picked up the burger, ate it and left.....

You get:
A Venison Elk Blend Burger that is topped with melty Swiss cheeses, Crispy Onions, Sweet Garlic & Dill Pickles, and a Dark Cherry Steak Sauce served on a toasted Brioche bun.

This so called impressive burger is made with 34% Venison, 33% Elk, and 33% Ground Beef Blend.

That was the only reason for me to even try this item. If the ground beef was like over 50% I would have passed on this item.

I had to wait for mine so the patty was deep fried and then it was topped with the cheese which got put in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese.

This was an impressive looking burger. It really did look like the image and not some smaller height smooshed thing you usually get.

The taste was good. I would say it did taste different than a regular beef burger but it was hard to tell what is Beef, Venison, And Elk with each bite.

The sauce for this burger was solid here. A little bit drippy here and I used two napkins while fully eating this burger.

The price though is what really stinks here. I had to pay 8.99 before tax for this thing!!

I get this is using some extra special meat that Arby's rarely sells and this is the first time for me eating elk meat but I think this is going to be a hard sell for many people here due to the price of thing.

I would have rather had Arby's do the one day limited edition venison sandwich they had a few years ago. That way you can fully taste that meat to see if you liked it or not.

A medium sized thumbs up from me as price is a problem for me but that elk and venison meat is not going to be cheap to get.

It seems like an interesting but odd choice for a fast food restaurant.

I wonder if they have some sort of business connection to the ranch raised venison and elk being used. 🤔

I agree that the price is on the high side, by the time you add a side and a drink you could have a meal in a more traditional family restaurant.

Once you go combo meal you are over 13 Bucks before tax...

They might have used the same people the last time they used deer and the super rare elk.

It is funny weird to me when people mention elk. Where my farm was, were 2 farms that raised elk. I think there was also a 3rd but not sure. There was also buffalo being raised and you could go there directly to buy their meat. I don't believe you could purchase the elk meat directly from the farm and I don't know where they sold the meat.
So to me, elk and buffalo are not rare, just not common.

(and you can add horse meat to the same category)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom