What are your favorite fruits, and why.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I can get good ones with flavor, I like nectarines.

Little prep time involved for eating out of hand or fabricating a dessert with them. They agree with my digestion don't require any special storage. Although the more ripe ones I like to refrigerate before eating them.

I couldn't pick a favorite so we have 30+ fruit trees includind several peaches and nectarines that have different ripenings through the summer; last chance peach is ready now. There's zipper tangerines, oranges, tangelos, blood orange, ruby grapefruits, plums, pears (5 varietiess on one tree), guavas, mandarins, apples, persimmons, pomegranate, kumquats and jujubes. I almost forgot blackberries, lemons and figs. There's a walnut tree out there too and several varieties of grapes. I wander around all year eating all kinds of fruit. Actually it brings a lot of company, usually they are carrying bags or boxes. Just to throw them off track there's a Buddha's hand out there too. Every kid wants one for Show-and-Tell
If there's anything left I might even cook something with the fruit

I gave up on stone fruit a long time ago. In the northeast we seem to get the worst of the crop. Peaches are hard and dry, plums always seem unripe. I remember ripe juicy peaches. When you took a bite, the juices ran down your arm. Can't count on finding them anymore. Maybe I should take a road trip to Georgia.

I'm not a huge fan of fruit, but when in the mood to eat it, watermelon is my absolute favorite. I also love:

Blackberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Bananas
Cantaloupe

I like apples as well, but only in slices and dipped in peanut butter. I won't eat them plain.

Two fruits that aren't 'fruity' that I eat on a regular basis (almost daily) are avocado and tomatoes.

I like pineapple, but only canned. Don't like it fresh. And I also love canned peaches in their own juice as long as they're super cold/from the fridge.

I'm not a huge fan of fruit, but when in the mood to eat it, watermelon is my absolute favorite. I also love:

Blackberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Bananas
Cantaloupe

I like apples as well, but only in slices and dipped in peanut butter. I won't eat them plain.

Two fruits that aren't 'fruity' that I eat on a regular basis (almost daily) are avocado and tomatoes.

I like pineapple, but only canned. Don't like it fresh. And I also love canned peaches in their own juice as long as they're super cold/from the fridge.
Have you ever made apple sauce? It's really easy and really delicious [emoji39] I have a gadget that cores apples and cuts them into eight pieces at the same time. I cut the wedges into thirds and put them in a sauce pan with a little water and some Penzeys Pie Spice seasoning. You could use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes and you will have a delicious sauce. I serve it alongside pork chops, of course ;)

Have you ever made apple sauce? It's really easy and really delicious [emoji39] I have a gadget that cores apples and cuts them into eight pieces at the same time. I cut the wedges into thirds and put them in a sauce pan with a little water and some Penzeys Pie Spice seasoning. You could use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes and you will have a delicious sauce. I serve it alongside pork chops, of course ;)

My sister microwaves her apple sauce. Peels, slices, sprinkles with some spices, covers and zaps. Mashes with a fork and brings it to the table when supper is ready.

I was not only surprised but impressed with the taste, texture.

My sister microwaves her apple sauce. Peels, slices, sprinkles with some spices, covers and zaps. Mashes with a fork and brings it to the table when supper is ready.

I was not only surprised but impressed with the taste, texture.

Shrek used to fry up his apple with butter, sugar and cinnamon, his fancy dessert.

No, never have. I do enjoy cinnamon applesauce, though.

Do you use a specific type of apple or does it matter?

Shrek used to fry up his apple with butter, sugar and cinnamon, his fancy dessert.

I do something similar. I either core and dice the apple, and fry in butter, brown sugar, and vanilla to make an apple/butterscotch topping for ice cream, dutch babies, or waffles, or simply cut the apple in half, take out the seed core, and put in a microwave-safe dish, skin side down. I then top the apple slices, each with 2 tbs. dark brown sugar, 1 tbs. slated butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Cook on highest microwave power for 3 minutes. The apple is fully cooked, and the toppings turn into a rich butterscotch sauce.

Both ways also work great with pears. Another great way to serve pears in to halve, core, put chocolate chips on to, then nuke for three minutes for chocolate covered pears, a classic made simple.

seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the NOrth

Last edited:
No, never have. I do enjoy cinnamon applesauce, though.

Do you use a specific type of apple or does it matter?
Whatever you like. You can adjust the seasoning to your liking with lemon juice if it's too sweet or sugar or honey if it's too tart. A pinch of salt brings it all together.

I do something similar. I either core and dice the apple, and fry in butter, brown sugar, and vanilla to make an apple/butterscotch topping for ice cream, dutch babies, or waffles, or simply cut the apple in half, take out the seed core, and put in a microwave-safe dish, skin side down. I then top the apple slices, each with 2 tbs. dark brown sugar, 1 tbs. slated butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Cook on highest microwave power for 3 minutes. The apple is fully cooked, and the toppings turn into a rich butterscotch sauce.

Both ways also work great with pears. Another great way to serve pears in to halve, core, put chocolate chips on to, then nuke for three minutes for chocolate covered pears, a classic made simple.

seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the NOrth

I LOVE BUTTERSCOTCH! [emoji39]

Whatever you like. You can adjust the seasoning to your liking with lemon juice if it's too sweet or sugar or honey if it's too tart. A pinch of salt brings it all together.

I'm definitely going to have to try that. For just myself (my son won't eat stuff like that) I'll use 2 apples. That should be enough, I'm assuming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom