What are some of your favourite discontinued products that you would like to see brought back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mount Olive whole, large, sweet-pickled banana peppers.
Kraft "Seven Seas" Green Goddess Dressing - which swears it is carried everywhere....but I cannot find it.
I wrote to Wishbone and they said they don't make it anymore and gave me the recipe!

1688657069427.png

It’s not a food ingredient, but I used to adore the Method All Purpose Spray in cucumber fragrance.
All natural cleaning products, very environmentally sensitive and this limited edition cucumber fragrance was absolutely divine - smelled like freshly cut cucumber. Rare as hen’s teeth to find now, even online etc.

Oh my! We still have Bird's Eye Custard here on the shelves. Plus I just checked Amazon.ca and they have it too.
Try your Amazon there?

@dragnlaw , yes we can get it online, but it used to be on all the supermarket shelves. Not sure if it was pushed out or they changed distribution models to bypass Australia but there you go.
I usually make my own anglaise anyway, but I often used Birds when I made vanilla slice 🫠

How weird Jade, doesn't make too much sense. But as I don't use it anymore I'll double check next time I go into the stores.

This is a product that I absolutely loved (despite the horrendous sodium, but I was much younger and didn't care). When this disappeared from shelves, I went bananas trying to find it and could only find it on rare occasions until it finally disappeared for good. I loved those tiny little square noodles.

Attachments

• 51R7SGX8Y6L._SL500_.jpg
    51R7SGX8Y6L._SL500_.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8
I used to love a product by Jergens of Aloe and Green Tea or maybe it was even Green Tea and Melon, it's been more than 20 years since it was discontinued.
You can only get Aloe and Cucumber now. It's nice but that Green Tea was fantastic. LOL, every person who used my washroom would comment on the sent of that lotion.

It's also like when they switched cotton swabs to wimpy cardboard sticks. Those things are useless. I now get the wood ones in huge quantities from Amazon. I also get them in a variety of lengths, so handy for various things!

I used to love a product by Jergens of Aloe and Green Tea or maybe it was even Green Tea and Melon, it's been more than 20 years since it was discontinued.
You can only get Aloe and Cucumber now. It's nice but that Green Tea was fantastic. LOL, every person who used my washroom would comment on the sent of that lotion.

It's also like when they switched cotton swabs to wimpy cardboard sticks. Those things are useless. I now get the wood ones in huge quantities from Amazon. I also get them in a variety of lengths, so handy for various things!
I agree about the cardboard cotton swabs. However, Swisspers makes cotton swabs with the plastic sticks. Those are usually the ones I buy. They come in different colors as well.

Sorry Linda, I found the plastic ones just as wimpy as the cardboard ones.

It is MHO wood sticks were removed because clutzy mama's didn't know how to control themselves while cleaning baby's ears.
It all started when they abandoned Baby 101 in schools. Right along with Common Sense 101.
That's when the "sue the fast food industry for burning your tongue on hot coffee" became common.
Along with the warnings for sharp edges on serrated cutting pieces of rolls of waxed paper, foil, parchment, etc.

Thank you Ginny.

Sorry Linda, I found the plastic ones just as wimpy as the cardboard ones.

It is MHO wood sticks were removed because clutzy mama's didn't know how to control themselves while cleaning baby's ears.
It all started when they abandoned Baby 101 in schools. Right along with Common Sense 101.
That's when the "sue the fast food industry for burning your tongue on hot coffee" became common.
Along with the warnings for sharp edges on serrated cutting pieces of rolls of waxed paper, foil, parchment, etc.
Yes, the plastic ones can sometimes bend. But, for me, they're still a little better than the ones made of cardboard.

And don't forget to sue McDonald's after you hand your kid piping hot chicken nuggets instead of letting them cool down for a couple of minutes [enter Common Sense 101 once again] therefore resulting in "bad" burns. They got 800 grand out of that.

Maybe I should try that so I'm no longer struggling to pay my bills and put food on the table.

OMG - had never heard of that one! (nuggets)
McD should perhaps counter sue the mother for being such an unfit. Or call Social Services. LOL that would be a twist of karma!

OMG - had never heard of that one! (nuggets)
McD should perhaps counter sue the mother for being such an unfit. Or call Social Services. LOL that would be a twist of karma!
Yes, apparently the kid dropped a chicken nugget into her lap and burned her leg. So mom sued McD's and is now $800,000 richer.

:rolleyes:

Bah, I can say anything at all and still get tossed in one of the chairs. The only time I was thanked and excused was when the defendant recognized me as his administrator at school, and I asked him if the other one was his brother. I looked at the judge and smiled. If my face could have said anything, it would have been, "I know these boys. Their mother is going to cry, bring her pastor, and they are both guilty as sin."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom