Uses for hamburger grease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the reminder that cholesterol and omega balance are not the same thing. Yeah, I know that most people now refer to the Atkins diet as ketogenic. When we started doing Atkins, we tested our urine with some strips that told us whether or not we were in ketosis. I got tired of arguing with some keto fanatics who always told us that Atkins was not the same thing. I believe there are some very minor differences, I think it was when starting the diets. I have been accused of lying when I spoke about our experience and didn't specifically call it Atkins. Life's too long to keep arguing with that kind of fools.

Here it shows the difference between grass fed and typical supermarket beef, just so people are aware.

Keep in mind that the amount of total polyunsaturated omega 6's and omega 3's in all animal protein is extremely low and a 3.5 ounce serving of grass fed beef has about 13 grams of total fat which the omegas represent about 0.08 grams and in a 2:1 ratio

1 tbsp of sunflower oil which is a polyunsaturated fat has about the same amount of fat with around 14 grams with just over 9 grams of omega 6's with virtually no omega 3's and represent a 70:1 ratio. For inquiring minds. :)

th

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom