Turkey Stuffing? Your Fave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which turkey recipe would be better

• asian style turkey with fried rice

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • traditional turkey with bread crumb stuffing

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters
Personally neither appeal to me. Not much on stuffed turkeys. Never have really been a big fan of turkey until we started smoking and frying them.

We do have a grilling recipe for a turkey tenderloin that is pretty good.

I do! I'm always interested in stuffings.

Like my grandma, I always do my stuffing in a separate pan. I love that crispy crust with the moist center.

with all this stuffing talk, luckily I had some for dinner tonight with chicken...was a corn meal stuffing...savory and oh so good.

I love the traditional Thanksgiving fare - ESPECIALLY the stuffing that is cooked in the bird. You have to be careful, but you have to be careful with poultry anyway. That's why they make those nice thermometers - so you don't have to be so worried. We've made them carefully for all of my years and have never had a hint of trouble. The stuffing is far tastier cooked in the bird.

BC

I must agree with Blue Cat - I'm a traditionalist - and in more than 30 years of cooking stuffed turkeys I've never had even a tiny problem. Of course I've never stuffed the bird the night before as I've heard many people do and the dressing is removed from the bird completely before serving - usually the carcas frozen until I have time to do soup.

When it comes to stuffing I'm a purist - no sausage - but I do add apples, water chestnuts, pecans, raisins or Craisins.

When my Dad was alive I always made a separate pan of oyster dressing just for him. That's proof you can cook stuff you don't like!:angel:

I like my stuffing as "dressing" and made from cornbread, celery, onions, eggs and served with gravy - without giblets. I don't ever stuff the turkey. I'm not sure it is safe and I don't like the idea of eating something from the inside of a bird. I'm roasting a turkey now to eat cold on Labor day with potato salad, green veggie, relish tray and some kind of really good bread. Don't know what dessert will be.

Back
Top Bottom