Tuesday supper 2022 December 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had cold smoked salmon on bagels with onion and capers. DH finished off the cream cheese that was open and I used quark as a cream cheese substitute . It works well. We enjoyed that with white wine.

Attachments

• Smoked salmon on a bagel with quark, onion, and capers with a pickle on the side.jpg
    Smoked salmon on a bagel with quark, onion, and capers with a pickle on the side.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My cousin from Virginia came down today and brought my goodie bad, so we went and had an early supper with some other cousins at a little seafood place. We had shrimp, french fries, green beans, and hush puppies. I'll have snacks out of the goodie bag later for dessert - homemade cookies of different types, homemade fudge, and roasted cashews.

We're having Irish Beef Stew (discussed elsewhere on DC) and mashed potatoes, 'cuz any Irish meal wouldn't be complete without the taters? I've been making this stew since the 1980's. I have an American Beef Stew that I make and it is very good. One day, in the early 80's, just before leaving work, I called my BF who had stayed home sick that day. I asked if he needed anything. He said, "Beef Stew." Well, Beef Stew isn't quick to make, so I found a local Irish Pub and bought a to-go box of stew. It was so good that I had to learn to make it. It is a cold and rainy day here, so stew is a welcome meal!

Had to go out to get some pop (soda) for Himself, so we picked up chicken and Jojo potatoes from the pizza joint at the corner of Loverly's neighborhood. The first time a few years ago they had broasted chicken. Last year it was only fried chicken - but it was still good. Well, they got a new broaster since last year and the chicken was delicious! Served it up with nuked green peas.

Mild Italian Sausage (although until the first bite I thought I had Spicy! LOL). Sweet peppers, potato, onion. Sheet Pan, mini single serve version done in the toaster oven. tossed in oil with S & P only.
20221220_173721.jpg
Scrumpdilielish! I know the sausage in the picture doesn't look browned and cooked but believe me it was! (Tried several pictures but they still came out 'vapid' looking.)

Andy, hope you guys are feeling better soon!

We're having Irish Beef Stew (discussed elsewhere on DC) and mashed potatoes, 'cuz any Irish meal wouldn't be complete without the taters? I've been making this stew since the 1980's. I have an American Beef Stew that I make and it is very good. One day, in the early 80's, just before leaving work, I called my BF who had stayed home sick that day. I asked if he needed anything. He said, "Beef Stew." Well, Beef Stew isn't quick to make, so I found a local Irish Pub and bought a to-go box of stew. It was so good that I had to learn to make it. It is a cold and rainy day here, so stew is a welcome meal!
IMG_6921 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom