the spam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two questions.
It only takes a minute to delete a post, are the people in charge of this staffed positions w/pay or volunteers?
And to follow that, are there enough staff or volunteers that have the permissions to delete spam?
Can we come up with a solution to the volume of spam covering the pages 'What's New', or " new posts", today there are 5 spam/10 spaces for posts or 5 spam/15 spaces for posts. That's 1/2 to 1/3 spam.

SPAM goes good with over easy eggs and warm buttered Portuguese rolls.
The story of SPAM and its relationship with Hawaii is quite fascinating. There was a veritable shipload of leftover SPAM in the pacific countries where US forces were stationed and many raids were carried out to grab this stuff and take it home.
Musubi is just one notable recipe that eventuated.
I hate SPAM.
The product as well as the proliferation of posts in here, my favourite website.
Just keep using the report button and posting “Reported”. I think the moderators here do a great job of whack-a-moling pretty quickly.

With the old Discuss Cooking forum software, you had to be a member for some amount of time before you could post a link. The software took care of that. There has to be a way for management to get that implemented again. That would, IMNSHO, be the simplest, most efficient way to stop a great deal of the spam the forum has been receiving and then hosting.

I am getting really tired of this nonsense, since there is a simple solution.

@taxlady true, I guess.
Spam posts are always made to forums where people participate - a dead forum is not at all attractive.
I just report it, post that I have, and move on. Sometimes I think about the people who post spam garbage and just feel bad because I wonder if they have no other way to make money to support themselves. Sad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom