The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without any glasses, my distance vision is now the same as my left eye. I can read a wall clock 20 feet away with either eye. I get to try driving tomorrow, which is the ultimate test.

I will still need glasses for close up, such as reading of working at the computer. I'm fine with that. I just want to drive without glasses, and drive at night without ten oncoming headlights looking like a galaxy of stars.

CD
Oh, I am so glad that you had such great results from your surgery.

@taxlady calcium supplements can cause leg/feet cramps as a side effect. Look it up to verify it, then cut back on how much calcium supplement you are taking. Then pay attention if that helps.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. It seems that too much calcium supplementation is associated with various problems and may not be all that good at helping bone density. I guess I will be cutting that back and working on getting more dietary calcium. Heck the amount I have been taking seems to be as much as one needs without any dietary Ca.

Sometimes the doctor who recommended it just believed the "protocol". She had me taking one of the standard drugs for osteoporosis. It's one you shouldn't take for more than 5 years at a go. There is a known side effect of the risidronic acid that causes some people to have spontaneous thigh fractures. I kept breaking in my toes. I would stub a toe and it would break. I started wearing shoes around the house (I hate that). There are no studies on that side effect, breaking toes. But, when the drug was well and truly out of my system, I braved going bare foot at home and haven't broken a toe since then.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. It seems that too much calcium supplementation is associated with various problems and may not be all that good at helping bone density. I guess I will be cutting that back and working on getting more dietary calcium. Heck the amount I have been taking seems to be as much as one needs without any dietary Ca.

Sometimes the doctor who recommended it just believed the "protocol". She had me taking one of the standard drugs for osteoporosis. It's one you shouldn't take for more than 5 years at a go. There is a known side effect of the risidronic acid that causes some people to have spontaneous thigh fractures. I kept breaking in my toes. I would stub a toe and it would break. I started wearing shoes around the house (I hate that). There are no studies on that side effect, breaking toes. But, when the drug was well and truly out of my system, I braved going bare foot at home and haven't broken a toe since then.

My mother has very fragile bones (but she's 90, so that's expected). She takes a daily med for that. I'll ask my sister the RN what it is.

BTW, I broke the pinky toe on my left foot 20-something years ago. OMG, that hurts a lot, and for months.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom