Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we were supposed to go to a seafood fest today down the shore, but rain allowed me to stay home and actually get to watch 2 whole games!!!

the giants won pretty easily (from where i was sitting), and peyton nearly pulled that second one off. good game.

Football Sunday is back!! We have the Titans this week in Tennessee. We have wings on tap with celery on the side.

Who's celebrating Football Sunday with some good food?

Ours is the Sunday night game. Patriots/Bengals. I'm not hopeful.

Regardless, I'l be grilling some bone-in skin on chicken thighs. We'll also have pilaf and broccoli with that.

Ours is the Sunday night game. Patriots/Bengals. I'm not hopeful.

Regardless, I'l be grilling some bone-in skin on chicken thighs. We'll also have pilaf and broccoli with that.

I am pulling for the Pats this week. :)

People still eat chicken with bones and skin? (Well other than us)

I am pulling for the Pats this week. :)

People still eat chicken with bones and skin? (Well other than us)

The Pats are a team in turmoil right now. They are not playing well at all.

We rarely buy BS chicken breasts anymore. Usually wings or BI SO thighs.

Tastes Sooo much better fully clad.

i guess this is the sunday dinner thread?

we had a light dinner tonight. salads, then smoked salmon on wasa crackers, then just rigatoni marinara.

dessert is mallomars and milk.

After watching the Steelers change Jacksonville from 0-4 to 0-5, we dashed out to a restaurant to eat. We got there and got seated before the place got crowded. DH had pizza and I had a hot turkey sandwich. It seems that as soon as fall hits I start getting hungry for turkey. I will stay that way until Thanksgiving.

So it's another Football Sunday and this week we have the Steelers again.. twice in 5 weeks... crazy.

AND today is my birthday so all I want is a coffee maker (got it) and a Browns win...

We have sausage and cheese and grapes and stuff like that for our tailgate cause Kathleen keeps talking me out of wings.

She is making stuffed cabbage for later though. :yum:

What are you having for celebrating (or fueling up for) Football Sunday?

Well Frank, so far, the Browns are winning.

I wanted to make lasagne today but I don't have any lasagne noodles. I might try lasagne casserole...same ingredients, but you use regular noodles and layer them with the other ingredients.

dw is under the weather again, and i spent the day decorating the house for halloween and watching football, so i'm picking up indian for dinner tonight.

naan, roti,and onion kulcha for bread.

tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, and lamb vindaloo with basmati rice and peas pulao for entrees.

mango lassis and gulab jamun for dessert.

Same here. The dang parade was more than 3.5 hours long. I came home exhausted. The Pirate left an hour before me. I wish I had left with him. But the weather was absolutely perfect. All I had on for warmth was a sweater. After the parade everyone headed to my daughter's home. Eggplant Parm, BBQ country ribs with AhSo sauce, chicken wings;Buffalo and Chinese, eggrolls. Then downstairs at my grandson's, shrimp, pulled pork, and I forget all of the rest. I ate a little, then my daughter made up a platter for me to take home. I got home, kicked off my shoes, and immediately fell asleep.

Oh yeah. One more things. the Pats won! :angel:

Another Football Sunday is upon us! I have the pizza dough rising and we will have his and hers pizzas. Mine is simpler: pepperoni, mushroom, (maybe) onion and lotsa cheese. Kathleen has less cheese but adds olives and green peppers to the mix.

The Browns have been surging and I am very cautiously optimistic.

What are you tailgating (at home or at the game) with today?

I have to find a game of interest to watch as my team, the Patriots, played Thursday. Fortunately, their opponent, the Jets, felt pity and gave the game away in the final second. Go Pats!

However, I have a couple of NY strips in the freezer that will be grilled. A potato and veggie will accompany.

Another Football Sunday is upon us! I have the pizza dough rising and we will have his and hers pizzas. Mine is simpler: pepperoni, mushroom, (maybe) onion and lotsa cheese. Kathleen has less cheese but adds olives and green peppers to the mix.

The Browns have been surging and I am very cautiously optimistic.

What are you tailgating (at home or at the game) with today?

I am putting a corned beef in the pressure cooker.

I love corned beef. What do you plan to do with it when it comes out of the pressure cooker or did you already add yummy things to it prior to cooking?

Steak on the grill is good.

The pizza was good too.

Attachments

• 2014-10-19 12.51.31.jpg
    2014-10-19 12.51.31.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 2014-10-19 13.01.39.jpg
    2014-10-19 13.01.39.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom