Sunday, September 8, 2024 - What did you eat today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We are ready for some football as both of our teams (BEARS & BROWNS) had their opening games today. We strive to "tailgate" even though we are technically behind enemy lines living where we do. Frank smoked some duroc pork ribs. I made potato salad, roasted okra, cut some watermelon, and made refrigerator pickles to go with them. All was very good! We have homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert!

Anyone else ready for some football? Whether you are or are not, are you eating dinner?

20240908_141946.jpg

Watched the Steelers game... they won. Now on to planning dinner, which will include pulled pork, in some form.

CD

Ended up making a rather large pulled pork sandwich, with a Carolina style vinegar sauce. I completely forgot about the black beans and pork I mentioned yesterday, but I have enough leftover pork to make that tomorrow.

CD

I had a pork chop Lyonnaise with home fries. I also has a salad of deseeded tomato, cucumber, and a few Boston lettuce leaves. I took an idea from @Kathleen - I sprinkled the salad with Tajin. That was interesting and tasty. I thoroughly enjoyed that meal.

I like the Tajin with a good sprinkle of red wine vinegar. I don't even use oil with it. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom