Sunday Oct. 6, '24 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rather think it is what you grew up with. As you say casey, it has taken on a life of its own.
Mom made chili with Red Kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, ground beef... and chili powder of course. I never heard of it without kidney beans until about 20 years ago.

Edit:
No apology needed Jade! You can call your dish whatever your little heart desires. It is your creation after all. If it is along the lines of a dish that people can identify with then of course you should include that name. It helps people imagine what it must taste like.
:whistling and of course the pictures help!

Last edited:
I rather think it is what you grew up with. As you say casey, it has taken on a life of its own.
Mom made chili with Red Kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, ground beef... and chili powder of course. I never heard of it without kidney beans until about 20 years ago.
That's exactly how my mother made it, except she used light red kidney beans. I still make mine that way. Craig makes his.

I did find one chili that we both liked, frito pie, using a new to us recipe for Texan chili using lots of ancho chile powder and cumin. Pretty darn good chili.

Back
Top Bottom