Saturday Night Supper 29 June 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made a Danish dish (quelle surprise) that I have made before. It's a chicken breast stuffed with a herbs and spices cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon, and finally baked. I had it with asparagus with feta and toasted almond slices, as well as some khorasan penne with butter and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. It was a lot of food and I'm still snacking on the penne and the chicken.

What did you have?

Chicken with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, sparagus, and penne.jpg

Does it reheat well?

Yes! It reheats very well, in a pan or in the microwave. Just make some fresh rice to serve with it, and it is just as good the next day. The crawfish texture doesn't noticeably change.

[EDIT] After thinking about it for a few minutes, a lot of cajun food is good a day or two later. Chicken and sausage gumbo gets even better the day after you make it. Even the boudin I smoked the other day for dinner was good reheated the next day for lunch.

CD

Last edited:
I made a Danish dish (quelle surprise) that I have made before. It's a chicken breast stuffed with a herbs and spices cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon, and finally baked. I had it with asparagus with feta and toasted almond slices, as well as some khorasan penne with butter and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. It was a lot of food and I'm still snacking on the penne and the chicken.

What did you have?

View attachment 69789
That chicken is a lot like Bacon BBQ Chicken Bombs, so I'm sure it is very good!

I ended up with pork seasoned with applewood marinade in a tortilla wrap with cheese, tomato, and chopped onions with a Clearly Canadian strawberry flavored drink. I love that stuff but the cheapest I can find it is $2.50 a bottle at my local Safeway or $2 a can if I spend $42 and buy 24 cans at a time. I was going to have shortbread cookies for dessert, but I never made those so that's my Sunday afternoon project.

I ended up with pork seasoned with applewood marinade in a tortilla wrap with cheese, tomato, and chopped onions with a Clearly Canadian strawberry flavored drink. I love that stuff but the cheapest I can find it is $2.50 a bottle at my local Safeway or $2 a can if I spend $42 and buy 24 cans at a time. I was going to have shortbread cookies for dessert, but I never made those so that's my Sunday afternoon project.
The price of Clearly Canadian is why I got my Sparkle machine. Make my own sodas now. Not exactly Clearly Canadian, but at about 40 cents a liter, I can live with it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom