Anyone cooking anything special for July 4th in 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I should have started this thread last week, so it could cover July 4th and Canada Day, which was July 1st. But, that ship has sailed.

I think I'm going to smoke some BB ribs on the pellet smoker with some Post Oak pellets.

Anyone else doing any cooking to celebrate the 4th?

CD

I haven't made hot dog buns before, so those. And these.
smoky-vegan-carrot-dogs-2.jpg

and watermelon.

I've had carrot dogs before. They are salty from the soy sauce, which I'll replace with the salt substitute but lots of other flavors are in them too. Like the smoky flavor and a little sweet, garlic, onion...they are good. Then add mustard and kraut or pickle relish, onions on mine (I like the crunch)! I hope my hotdog buns turn out good, and straight!

I'll have to think of something special - my mom was a great cook - and TTT I don't know what her favourite dish was. She always was catering to us!
Oh did I forget to mention? - that is/was her birthday, July 4th, which was to me special because she was born in Detroit! So I always thought they set off fireworks in her honour! LOL
Granted, she moved to Canada when she was 4 years old but it didn't make any difference to me.

I'll have to think of something special - my mom was a great cook - and TTT I don't know what her favourite dish was. She always was catering to us!
Oh did I forget to mention? - that is/was her birthday, July 4th, which was to me special because she was born in Detroit! So I always thought they set off fireworks in her honour! LOL
Granted, she moved to Canada when she was 4 years old but it didn't make any difference to me.

Were you close enough to the border to se July 4th fireworks?

I spent July 4th in NYC twice while traveling on business. That was pretty cool. I could see the fireworks clearly from my hotel room the first time. Just partially the second time.

CD

A lot going on in Frisco for the 4th. A big fireworks show at the soccer stadium after the FC Dallas vs Portland Timbers MLS match.

I have to say that I am somewhat intrigued by the "dachshund dash." I wonder if any carrots will be entered?

CD

Last edited:
A lot going on in Frisco for the 4th. A big fireworks show at the soccer stadium after the FC Dallas vs Portland Timbers MLS match.

I have to say that I am somewhat intrigued by the "dachshund dash." I wonder if any carrots will be entered?

CD
Well, if you see the dachshund dash, let us know how it was.

When I lived in the trailer park, I was across the street from the cemetery, which was way up on a high hill. You can see up and down the whole area for 10 miles and I used to go to the top to watch all the fireworks people would set off. Now Winco is right across the road from the cemetery, so since I haven't done my grocery shopping for this month, I think I'll go up on top of the cemetery at about 9pm and watch fireworks till 11, then go down and shop at Winco. I'm probably going to have a late lunch before I go up and I won't be home much before 1am, so all this is to say I have no idea what, if anything, I'm going to make for the 4th for supper. I usually bring chips and some Gatorade when I watch fireworks, so that may be my supper.

Has anyone tried to make a cake with fireworks, of course one that doesn't explode when they are lit? I mean something a bit bigger than sparklers, but not over the top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom