Red Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I grew up with a mop of red hair. GRRR! I hated it then and I still do. The only good thing about it now is that I am more white hair than grey. Red hair is all gone!!! For the wedding Pirate and his son want me to do my hair red. They are trying to tell me it will stand out in the photos. I am willing to go blonde, but that is as far as I am willing to do my hair. My gown is a very pale misty blue and they think the red hair will show the real me. I doubt that very much. And once the wedding is over, it won't be as obvious going back to white. I think Pirate and his son are forgetting I am not the bride, just the grandmother.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to disappoint these two, and certainly not outshine the bride. It is her day, not mine. I had my day twice. That was enough for me.

Addie....just be you. Be comfortable, enjoy the ceremony, and have fun! I can't imagine either of my daughters suggesting I change my hair color for their weddings. :ermm:

Congratulations and best wishes to the bride and groom! When is the wedding? Don't forget to send a pic or two! :)

I grew up with a mop of red hair. GRRR! I hated it then and I still do. The only good thing about it now is that I am more white hair than grey. Red hair is all gone!!! For the wedding Pirate and his son want me to do my hair red. They are trying to tell me it will stand out in the photos. I am willing to go blonde, but that is as far as I am willing to do my hair. My gown is a very pale misty blue and they think the red hair will show the real me. I doubt that very much. And once the wedding is over, it won't be as obvious going back to white. I think Pirate and his son are forgetting I am not the bride, just the grandmother.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to disappoint these two, and certainly not outshine the bride. It is her day, not mine. I had my day twice. That was enough for me.
I think it’s a little bridezilla-like for the couple to ask you to color your hair, but if you do decide you’ll comply, why not hit a happy medium and go auburn? It’s more brown than it is red, and it would look very nice with the dress.

How red was your hair when it was red? Like, Lucy red?

Addie, I agree with Cheryl AND Kayelle, but be you! Be comfortable and yes, don't upstage the bride, it's her day, no matter what she may tell you.
Me, I like the auburn approach as to RED, but on my Dad's side they're Chestnuts with hazel eyes, so ... oh and heh! I love those shoes you chose for your NEW DANCIN' FEET!!! Pale Misty Blue dress you say, hmmm, what color shoes would you go with then?

Addie....just be you. Be comfortable, enjoy the ceremony, and have fun! I can't imagine either of my daughters suggesting I change my hair color for their weddings. :ermm:

Congratulations and best wishes to the bride and groom! When is the wedding? Don't forget to send a pic or two! :)

The wedding is July 4th. I know it is a long way off yet, but due to my leg, it takes a lot of time to schedule everything. There will be a very formal black tie ceremony in the church. The brides parents come from money.

I love that idea of just a wild streak of bright red. Eighty years old and they will know I have lost it. At the end of this month, regardless of what my weight may be, I will have to have the gown altered. Once that is done, I will have to stay at that weight until after the wedding. The lowest I was at was 69 pounds. I am now up to 86 pounds. I am hoping to be at 90 pounds by then. I already have an appointment to have my hair cut at the end of June.

When Poo got married my hair dresser bleached my hair to stark white. Everyone loved it. I had it done in a pixie cut. And I will probably have it cut like that again. The more I think about it though, I might just ask her to bleach it white all over again.

I have a picture of me with red hair. I was in my late 30's when it was taken. It was shortly after that when I started to turn salt and pepper. I will ask Spike to help me upload it as my signature pic instead of Teddy the dog. When that picture was taken I weighed about 125-130 pounds. For my height, that is just too much weight. I am now 4 ft. 6 inches tall. And yes, I am considered a legal midget. That means my height is considered a medical problem. If I have to have the gown altered, that is a medical tax deduction. Buy a stool so I can reach the bottom shelf in the cabinets. Deductible. Believe me, during my working days, I took advantage of that deduction. I never owed the government money when I filed my taxes.

For me, this wedding is turning into a major production. But it will probably be the last wedding I will ever attend. Although I now have great grandchildren old enough to make me a great, great grandmother. I had five kids who gave me 11 grandchildren and in turn they gave me seven great grandkids. The oldest great grandchild is now 19 y.o. And the family is still growing.

I think it’s a little bridezilla-like for the couple to ask you to color your hair, but if you do decide you’ll comply, why not hit a happy medium and go auburn? It’s more brown than it is red, and it would look very nice with the dress.

How red was your hair when it was red? Like, Lucy red?

In the summer sun, it would become bright red. In the winter the color toned down a bit. There was a boy I went through school with who had red hair also. Stupid people would always say we should get married when we would be old enough so the whole family could have red hair. The stupid remarks, teasing, questions, etc. It never stopped. One time I tried to dye it jet black. What a ridiculous mess I made. My poor hairdresser. What I put her through. And my mother!! It was always her fault. She married the red hair man. My grandmother had red hair. She was German and my grandfather was a full Native American. Why couldn't my mother marry someone else who didn't have red hair. Every morning it was a fight to get me out the door and off to school for more teasing.

Back
Top Bottom