Looking for Mushroom powder without added salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bala1312

Assistant Cook
Hello friends
I'm from Malaysia and I'm 58 years old.
I drink mushroom soup as a supplement for my health.
The problem is I can't get mushroom powder without added salt. Almost every brand I buy comes with added salt.
Please, if give me a link where I can buy mushroom powder without salt . Thank you.

You could also try AliExpress and Temu. I haven't checked them but hopefully you'll find something.

Like bliss and I think a few other here, I dry my own. Sometimes by accident finding a lonely one in the back of the fridge.
Once dry you can grate them into a powder.
Good Luck!

That's what we do, except we grind them in a coffee grinder that we use to grind spices, so the powder gets really fine.
What brand coffee grinder do you have? I ordered one but returned it because it over heated and shut off.

Mushrooms, even dried ones, even from just opened packages that were vacuum sealed may not be completely dry. They don't dry them completely leaving about 13% moisture in them so they don't fall apart. Dried mushrooms also absorb moisture from the air. This makes them harder to grind. So I bake them at 150 deg F for 30 minutes to get them completely dry. They seem to grind more easily that way.

I have a cheap Hamilton Beach grinder that has worked for at least 20 years, and has never overheated.

CD
Does this one look good?

IMG_2930.png

That looks identical to the one I have. To get the finest grind, I shake mine while I run it, like a cocktail shaker, but not as aggressively -- just enough to keep the spices bouncing around.

CD
How do you clean under blades? I don’t have a dishwasher.

It is not dishwasher safe. I use a small brush to clean it out (a 1/2 inch paint brush). Dry spices only make a fine dust to clean out.

CD
Ok. I can use one of those brushes to clean the metal straws.
This one is dishwasher safe.

IMG_2931.png

I agree. That’s what I’m going to do because coffee and spices are dry. One of those metal straw cleaning brushes will do nicely. Not sure why it needs to be dishwasher safe except for anal people.

Coffee is dry, but darker coffee is oilier and the ground coffee sticks because of the oil. Those dark coffee beans are also shinier.

What brand coffee grinder do you have? I ordered one but returned it because it over heated and shut off.

Is the one we have, but there is one for $30 with only 1 bowl. This is our second 1 that we purchased several years ago after the first one gave out after many, many years. I like being able to take the bowls out and wash them clean.

Last edited:

Is the one we have, but there is one for $30 with only 1 bowl. This is our second 1 that we purchased several years ago after the first one gave out after many, many years. I like being able to take the bowls out and wash them clean.
Thank you, Med. I just ordered the Hamilton Beach grinder for $18.99. If I don't like it, I'll return it and try the KitchenAid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom