Looking for a Refried Bean Recipe that you have tried and liked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, at first I thought it was the beans on top of the tamales ( which wouldn't be a bad idea) until I looked closer

Yeah, the more I saw the picture when brought back to this thread, the more I thought I needed to clarify that. ;)

I eat a lot of brown food... and like it. :ROFLMAO:

CD

Have you tried using Mayocoba beans or half Mayocoba, half pinto? The Mayocoba have a bit of a buttery taste to them. Or, heck, add some butter.

Maybe your favorite restaurant will share the recipe. :unsure:
I don't think I've ever seen those beans anywhere.

I have the feeling that my favorite restaurants just gets those beans in large cans. Open and serve. Maybe they'll sell me a can.

But today I stopped by there to pick up some refried beans and they were closed. I do have two cans of Rosarita refried beans in the pantry, so it looks like that's what's getting used after all because I'm not driving a 25 mile round trip again tomorrow just to pick up beans.

I don't think I've ever seen those beans anywhere.

I have the feeling that my favorite restaurants just gets those beans in large cans. Open and serve. Maybe they'll sell me a can.

But today I stopped by there to pick up some refried beans and they were closed. I do have two cans of Rosarita refried beans in the pantry, so it looks like that's what's getting used after all because I'm not driving a 25 mile round trip again tomorrow just to pick up beans.
There are a number of U.S. Chef's Store locations up your way. They sell the huge cans of refried beans. Next time I'm there, I'll check to see what brand(s) they might be. Next trip you make to the south, maybe one of the stores will be along your path.

If you go, I highly recommend you check the freezer section for Luigi's Italian Ice...it is wonderful! They have them in push/squeeze up tubes, in just the right size (6 ounces, I believe).

US Chef's store? Now that's a new one.

I'm really ticked because there are a couple of different stores I could be shopping at when I go to Winco. One is Ralph's Red Apple, another is Grocery Outlet, another is Saar's Super Saver and the last is Fred Meyer. The problem I have is that I no longer get their flyers in the mail (QFC doesn't mail a flyer either). The last time I went online to see what all these stores were offering, I needed to make an account and sign up for something or the other to see their sales. I've finally had it with having to make an account for literally everything I want to check out on the internet and so instead, I sent a very pointed message about that under the "Contact Us" portion of their web page.

I also get ticked at the digital sections of Safeway's ads as well. I wonder how much money these stores are losing because of people not buying their sales items (and not paying full price for them either) because they don't want to mess with digital. My phone is good for taking calls and that's it. Why I need to have an app and go digital for a coupon is more than I can understand, but they can take their digital and put it where the sun doesn't shine for all I care. I'm not the one losing anything when I don't buy their food.

OK, rant over. I feel better now.

I've seen the Luigi's Italian Ice in the dollar store. I can't remember if I've ever bought it or not. I love lemon ice but not unless it's a really sharp lemon flavor. Even Haagen Dazs lemon sorbet wasn't that good. But now Safeway has their own brand of sorbet now and their peach, blueberry, and lemon flavors are fantastic.

I've finally had it with having to make an account for literally everything I want to check out on the internet and so instead, I sent a very pointed message about that under the "Contact Us" portion of their web page.

I have a few accounts for companies I buy from regularly. My late dog, Teddy, has a lot of accounts for companies that make me sign-up to access their websites. They have gathered a lot of data on a dog that passed away a few years ago.

CD

Back
Top Bottom