Looking for a Refried Bean Recipe that you have tried and liked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you tried using Mayocoba beans or half Mayocoba, half pinto? The Mayocoba have a bit of a buttery taste to them. Or, heck, add some butter.

Maybe your favorite restaurant will share the recipe. :unsure:
I don't think I've ever seen those beans anywhere.

I have the feeling that my favorite restaurants just gets those beans in large cans. Open and serve. Maybe they'll sell me a can.

But today I stopped by there to pick up some refried beans and they were closed. I do have two cans of Rosarita refried beans in the pantry, so it looks like that's what's getting used after all because I'm not driving a 25 mile round trip again tomorrow just to pick up beans.

I don't think I've ever seen those beans anywhere.

I have the feeling that my favorite restaurants just gets those beans in large cans. Open and serve. Maybe they'll sell me a can.

But today I stopped by there to pick up some refried beans and they were closed. I do have two cans of Rosarita refried beans in the pantry, so it looks like that's what's getting used after all because I'm not driving a 25 mile round trip again tomorrow just to pick up beans.
There are a number of U.S. Chef's Store locations up your way. They sell the huge cans of refried beans. Next time I'm there, I'll check to see what brand(s) they might be. Next trip you make to the south, maybe one of the stores will be along your path.

If you go, I highly recommend you check the freezer section for Luigi's Italian Ice...it is wonderful! They have them in push/squeeze up tubes, in just the right size (6 ounces, I believe).

Back
Top Bottom