Do you like canned seitan and a request for seitan recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
we dont have it in israel. we have frozen ones..

i want to make the tastiest parve seitan with good sauce that me and a religious friend will eat alondside mashed potatoes that are chessy.

i mean, today im eating the mashed potatoes with meat. but another friend wants to try too but he will not mix meats with dairy..

what do you say? do you know of an amazing recipe for seitan to try soon?

toda (thanks) ….!

I've made some seitan 'meats' like turkey, pepperoni, and pizza sausage.
But with my recipes being oil-free, they are not great tasting to people that need to have them more meat like with the fats that are in meat.
So the turkey seitan would be dry-ish to average taste buds, we use gravy, and the way I make it is so-so. We might have it once a year.
Last week I made pizza sausage because I know we like that on pizza. Pizza has a moxerella (vegan cheese) that has some fat (from cashews) and we don't notice the lack of fat-taste.
Maybe you can take the middle way, or middle ground and make the seitan with some oil or fat, not too little, not too much. That sounds like what you are looking for.

yes, interesting..
my latest attempt with vital wheat gluten ended by finding a lot of bugs in the package i've ordered [shipped from israel to my location in israel..]. i think today it is easier to find it and more fresh and probably not in a paper package but nylon one..

anyway. i don't know if i can find other ingredients..
and i will serve it along rice because the mashed potatoes that i've made didn't came well at all. there was too much cheese in the hebrew recipe. i don't want to try it again.. it was gross..

i like plant based foods sometimes and my nutritionist urges to eat more of these veggie "meats"..

one of the reasons i visited north america 15 years ago is to taste all the veggie meats that available..
too bad many of them weren't imported to israel..

Back
Top Bottom