Is there anything missing in such a meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
IMG_20240916_165238.jpg

Well, it looks like hummus probably made with chickpeas with some whole chickpeas, olive oil, parsley some fruit maybe apple and grapes and a piece of flatbread, it that right?

Anyway, there's no rules as far as what constitutes a particular meal and not too sure in what context your referring too.

Well, it looks like hummus probably made with chickpeas with some whole chickpeas, olive oil, parsley some fruit maybe apple and grapes and a piece of flatbread, it that right?

Anyway, there's no rules as far as what constitutes a particular meal and not too sure in what context your referring too.
it's raw onion.. but yes for the rest.. "syrian" olives too........

The pita and hummus would go good as half my plate, the other half non-starchy vegetables like fresh or steamed greens, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, whatever is in season. The hummus has a lot of protein some fat, pita is mostly carbs, vegetables are mostly carb and lots of vitamins and minerals.

unlike shawarma, when i chopped grilled chicken thigh with a knife earlier for another use it didnt came out well at all.. it is because shawarma is a loose shape when the meat is served.. the thigh i chopped i was not loose shapes but more cutted pieces.

it is not a very good result in my opinion..

sometimes shawarma does get served in israel in the center of a hummus plate.. i like it..

I would add warmed flat pitas and diced fresh tomato. I like spreading the hummus onto the pitas, then adding other toppings. Sometimes I'll even make a pita 'pizza' by spreading the hummus onto the pita breads, adding diced tomato, maybe some pineapple and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, then baking in the oven until the pita bread is crispy. One of my favorite yummies.

That tears it. I need to stop at the local Greek place soon to get me some hummus.

@Linda0818 yes, tomato goes so well with hummus and pita bread. I don't make pita breads and we usually have ww bread, toasted, then spread the hummus and spoons tomato salsa on top. It's a good flavor combination.

I would add warmed flat pitas and diced fresh tomato. I like spreading the hummus onto the pitas, then adding other toppings. Sometimes I'll even make a pita 'pizza' by spreading the hummus onto the pita breads, adding diced tomato, maybe some pineapple and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, then baking in the oven until the pita bread is crispy. One of my favorite yummies.

That tears it. I need to stop at the local Greek place soon to get me some hummus.
I really have to give this a try. It sounds great. I have never had a pita pizza. I have the hummus; I have the wholewheat pitas; I have other toppings. I don't think I waould have thought of using hummus as a pizza sauce.

Back
Top Bottom