In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My most sincere sympathies go to you and your family. Know that I will be praying for you for inner strength and peace. There's no pain that God cannot heal. Much love and hugs to you dear lady. [[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]]]

as we are grieving, lets remember that she will need us even more as time goes on.

when our loved first dies, we are in a numb state and that will last for awhile.

the real grief begins when all the people have gone home and we are faced with daily life without them.

i am certain many of you know this. we need to be there for the long haul.

we must let kate set the agenda and then back her all the way.

sorry, when i confront situations like this, i look for a way to help.

babe

Thanks, Babe. That is certainly true!

Katie dear, my heart is crying for you, and I am holding you and your family close in my thoughts and prayers. As the dust settles, so to speak, you will find that Buck will never be far from you. Not only in your heart, but also in your head, wherever you go. And it will be very comforting.

Safe travels home. We love you lots.

Katie, know we are here for you anytime. I can't think right now I am so sad. GOD BLESS you and watch over you, LOVE and HUGS ALWAYS James

Just woke up and came to check. I'm close to tears sitting here. I too have always enjoyed Buck's posts and will miss him on the board. Katie - being far away, I feel helpless, but I am with you virtually and will pray for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

"all mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice; but God’s hand is in every translation, and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall lie open to one another" John Donne

Last edited:
My Dear Katie, May you find the strength and grace that you have always had deep inside you, keep you going through the coming days. I know that when you see a sunset that Buck has sent it to you. When a butterfly flitters by, he has helped it along; when the kittens jump on your lap at the end of a long day, he will be patting their little heads along with you. I am so sorry for your loss and could not begin to fathom your pain but if I could I would gladly take it away. Love and Prayers always, Dawn

Stacy, thank you for that post of Buck's. I too remember that one.
And inspite of myself, I had to laugh again.

It's hard to believe, but another day has gone by.
So much the sorrow, but also, shock. I think we're all still alittle numb. I am.

Still I pray for Katie. She will need all of us, and pray that we keep reminding her, whatever she needs, someone here will be able to help her.

Even though I knew they removed the tubes I admit I was still praying for a miracle

We all were. I can't wipe away my tears either. Katie I'm so very very sorry.
Your family is in my heart and in my thoughts.
Middie I was doing the same...
There are no words to express the sorrow and loss of Buck-how his words lightened our days in this family are already being missed.
To our Katie and her family I hope the love from this board will help ease your grief just a little in knowing just here alone how many people's lives Buck has touched and Katie we all love you and want to be here for you and will always be here for you. Love and energy, Vicki

I, too, went back and read some of Buck's posts last night, after I read that he had passed (I still can't believe it!)

I got a kick out of this one, posted just over a year ago, on his birthday Discuss Cooking Forum - View Single Post - Happy Birthday, Buck!

One of Buck's legacies is his vast contribution to this forum. He will always live in all of our hearts and minds, as threads with his posts in them keeping popping up as reminders.

Katie, I hope you stay here with us - we need you, too!

Lee

My deepest condolences to you and your children Katie. Our love and support are sent your way ...

"I never spoke with God
Nor visited in Heaven
Yet certain am I of the spot"
Emily Dickinson

All our love - J.

R.I.P. Buck, I'll miss ya.
img_630159_0_394d01cbbf4e6bb8b536080a6194cd05.gif

Katie, I'm so sorry. I just don't have the words right now. I'll post later. My love and prayers are with you my friend.

See ya on the other side man! Continue your hard work and dedication!

God be with you till we meet again;
by his counsels guide, uphold you,
with his sheep securely fold you;
God be with you till we meet again.

Katie, I'm so sorry. I just don't have the words right now. I'll post later. My love and prayers are with you my friend.

Alix, there is a song I listen to that starts out "Finding myself at a loss for words, funny thing is, it's okay."

I think sometimes NOT having words to express how you feel says volumes.

Back
Top Bottom