Hump Day Dinner - 8/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Spaghetti with Bella's ...

Spachetti with Bella's 8-24-22.jpg

Today was a " lets see what I can use from the garden" kinda day
Salad ( with lettuce, arugula, cherry tomatoes , cucumbers and onions from the garden)
A throw together veggie soup ( Got to use up those yellow squash)
And Aa spinach ( Chard) pie

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.35.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.35.38 PM.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.35.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.35.29 PM.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.35.18 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 5.35.18 PM.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 21
Tonight I made that Danish broccoli and bacon salad again, but I used half as much bacon and fewer broccoli florets and more broccoli stem. We also tried adding some of the raisins in the original recipe and then added more after tasting it. They actually were very nice in that salad. I served that with Dragon Lady sesame noodles. It was good, but that is not a great combo. Those noodles are not an ideal accompaniment to that salad. The pasta with zucchini sauce was a better accompaniment.

Broccoli salad and sesame noodles.jpg Broccoli salad with bacon, and sesame noodles.jpg

Last edited:
We'll be having fried chicken thighs, along with some of the leftover scalloped potatoes from yesterday. Then snickerdoodle cheesecake bars.

Here are links to all:

Chicken: https://www.yellowblissroad.com/fried-chicken-thighs/?utm_source=pocket_mylist

Potatoes: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ultimate-scalloped-potatoes/print/

Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars: https://www.shugarysweets.com/snickerdoodle-cheesecake-bars/?utm_source=pocket_mylist

Everything was great, especially the chicken. Although, each item stood on its own.

I came across a recipe from the deep dark reaches of history and thought I'd make. Once I got into it, it looked incomplete so I had to improvise.

Dinner was chicken cooked with red and green bell peppers, onion, bacon, ranch dressing and cheese. I served it over white rice. I thought it was just OK. SO LOVED IT! (P.S. this is a recipe SO turned up her nose at when I described it to her. That's usually an indicator that she'll love it.)

I'll rewrite the recipe and and file it for future use.

Yet again, great job everybody!

I had to run a boatload of errands today and while in the midst of it all, I realized that I had not planned out dinner before I went rushing out of the house this morning.

PUNT!

IMG_2027.jpg

Home-crafted Hoagies on Bolillo Rolls from the Carniceria, YUM!

There will be Hot Fudge Sundaes for dessert or Crumbl Cookies :yum:

Dinner was orange chicken and vegetable fried rice. Both were from Trader Joe's.

orange_chicken_rice_082422_img_9982-jpg.52246

I came across a recipe from the deep dark reaches of history and thought I'd make. Once I got into it, it looked incomplete so I had to improvise.

Dinner was chicken cooked with red and green bell peppers, onion, bacon, ranch dressing and cheese. I served it over white rice. I thought it was just OK. SO LOVED IT! (P.S. this is a recipe SO turned up her nose at when I described it to her. That's usually an indicator that she'll love it.)

I'll rewrite the recipe and and file it for future use.
That sounds good. Please post your recipe.

Back
Top Bottom