General availibility of veal in the U.S.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we lived in the Washington, D.C. area, we never had a problem getting veal.

Now, where we live and have been for nearly 13 years, it's nearly impossible to get veal. I look for it every time I shop but have seen it only about 4 times. And, yes, very expensive.

So the veal parmesan patties that we buy are not veal. Encore has a box of 6 patties with sauce for less than $5. What's in those patties and why are they called veal? Is it a mock veal?

I can find veal for scallopini at Safeway, but that's it.
If I want anything different, have to go to special (very expensive) small markets.
And I live in a famous area of CA with lots of rich ppl here. Think they don't cook, so don't need anything "special" in regular stores...

mitmondol said:
I can find veal for scallopini at Safeway, but that's it.
If I want anything different, have to go to special (very expensive) small markets.
And I live in a famous area of CA with lots of rich ppl here. Think they don't cook, so don't need anything "special" in regular stores...

It doesn't matter where you live in Cali, it's Safeway. You're not going to find a good selection of veal at Safeway, period.

lamb and veal generally available, but not always the cut I want. I have a good butcher in the area even tho it is a bit of a drive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom