Dinner Thread ~ Thursday 12/22/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
22 - 22 :ROFLMAO: In Hawaii Tutu is Hawaiian for Grandma, well Tutu Wahine to be specific - but you get the drift...
<edit - also in Hawaii, there was a TV commercial for "The Cab" and their phone number was 422-2222 - a local comedian dressed a a Tutu and did the entire schtick - so funny!!>
DH had a Root Canal done this morning and is no shape to eat anything other than "soft foods"

IMG_2364.JPG

My version of Cacio e pepe with a boatload of Anchovies on top ... can I say that he's still going on about how delicious his pasta was :ROFLMAO:

What's on your table?

After yesterday's Herculean supper effort and cleaning up after that today, I was in no state to make supper tonight. We order out and got that penne salsiccia that we had last weekend. This time we got a Caesar salad and garlic bread to go with it. It was all delicious.

Attachments

• Penne salsiccia, Caesar salad, and garlic bread from Enoteca Moderna Pizzeria Monza.jpg
    Penne salsiccia, Caesar salad, and garlic bread from Enoteca Moderna Pizzeria Monza.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Penne salsiccia, Caesar salad, and garlic bread from Monza.jpg
    Penne salsiccia, Caesar salad, and garlic bread from Monza.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 7
I had greek lemon spinach lentil soup. I've missed it lately. I thawed it out from the freezer. I used to make it every week but now mr bliss has decided he loves it too so it goes way too quickly. I mean, I'm happy he is choosing healthy dinners and I'm happy to share my favorites, but I didn't plan enough of it for both of us eating it. Snack: WW bread with peach puree spread. Dessert: a little slice of chocolate cherry fruit cake.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel the get together, @Andy M., but glad to hear you're both feeling better. Hope you keep improving quickly!

My friends had to cancel my Christmas dinner - someone caught something I think at a hospital, because someone's brother was having a surgery a few days ago - a long surgery, on a bad cancer, so some of the family was in there a long time. I was going to suggest we get together on New Year's Eve instead, just because of everything going on, but since someone got sick, we have to, and maybe do after this, depending on how they get better. When I'm done my cookies, I told her I'd drop some off on their front porch, to tide them over!

As always, I had some leftover soup reheated last night - I try not to make anything using the usual onion and garlic, when I'm working on cookie dough, as it could easily transfer. Peppers, I don't worry about, and even put habanero in some of them! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks! So, @Kaneohegirlinaz, you just added anchovies the the 3 ingredients pasta dish?
That's it @pepperhead212 !
Well, the little bit of pasta water makes for 4 ingredients I suppose...
Grated Cheese (Parmesan in our case, that's DH's favorite Cheese in the entire World), freshly ground Black Pepper (he loves loads of Black Pepper as well), cooked Pasta, a bit of the cooking water and then garnish the top with as much or as little Anchovy Fillets as I want... he was in heaven!
I've used the technique with multiple different pasta shapes too.
I've used packaged Cheese Tortellini to Rigatoni. The Anchovies were a recent addition to his bowl. Sometimes I'll pour over some of the Anchovy oil from the jar for added flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom