Thursday Night Football Dinner Thread ~ 12/15/2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
It's 49'ers v Seahawks and we can't watch - oh well - we can have a nice dinner.
DH said that he had an appetite and requested "something good".
IMG_2371.JPG

Cooked medium Rib Eye Steak, AF frozen Fries and a Chopped Salad, for him - with again - Anchovy Fillets.
My plate was mid-rare, frites and Romaine with Cucumber topped with Ranch Dressing, which I dunked both my Fries AND steak into :yum:

What's on your TV tray?

I made a batch of Navy bean soup today, using up some bacon and a piece of Polish sausage in the freezer, plus almost 2 c of that brown rice/barley, left in the fridge, from another dish. I started with the diced bacon, then added the onions after it was almost browned, and cooked about 5 minutes. Then added a tb each of minced garlic and rosemary, and 2 tb of gochujang, and cooked about a minute, before deglazing with 5 c chicken broth. Then I added a cup of Navy beans, and a generous half cup of those dried long beans, from the garden, then I added 2 fresh bay leaves. I pressure cooked them 25 minutes, then let pressure release 18 minutes, before opening. Then I added the polish sausage, quartered, and cut into half inch pieces, and the rice and barley mix. I then cooked it on slow cooker/high for about an hour.
Bean soup, with some Navy beans and dried long beans, plus some cooked rice and barley mixed in. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tonight for supper I made Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia). It was recommended by my friend. It was good. It was maybe a bit sweeter than I prefer. I might make it with yellow onions next time or add a splash of vinegar. There was a layer of Parmigiano Regiano on top of the soup and one egg per serving, cooked floating on the cheese. We'll definitely have that again.

Attachments

• Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) with eggs.jpg
    Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) with eggs.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) with an egg.jpg
    Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) with an egg.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 5
I had one night of leftovers, but we don't launch for Ohio until Saturday. Himself ran out for a large "house special" pizza. We ate half tonight. The other four slices are wrapped and ready to go. They'll be our supper Saturday night once we get to our hotel.

Back
Top Bottom