Dinner Saturday 9-16-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We're having tasso pasta. It was going to be bibimbap (the Soju is ice cold), but not even the Asian market had bean sprouts.:(

Last edited:
Some neighbors are having their annual porch party tonight - a neighborhood potluck/cocktail party. I picked up a bunch of beautiful veggies at the farmers market this morning and I'm going to make potato salad with baby red potatoes, blanched green beans, chopped summer squash and zucchini, roasted colored bell peppers and herbs from the garden. And a vinaigrette dressing made with red wine vinegar.

Cream cheese, cheddar, jalapenos, annaheim peppers processed into a spread. Spread on green peppers. Meat strips from a couple roasts browned up on the grill on a grill pad which worked great. Some just finished french meunster cheese for tasting.

001.JPG

Ribs ala ATK, with an addition of
Original Hawaiian Bar-B-Q Sauce (20 fl oz) - Noh Foods of Hawaii
MMM!
A side of baked beans and corn on the cob to round out the plate.

Roast Beef with BBQ Sauce from Kelly's up in Saugus. Teddy got half including the top bun. This dog thinks I am running a Doggie BNB. His owner comes to take him home and he won't go. What a spoiled little brat.

Wait a minute. Teddy is here more nights than not.

Yesterday's supposed-to-be-dinner became today's dinner, with the addition of a nice salad since I went shopping. Our garden salads were followed up by Carolina long grain and wild rice mix, and a saute of bacon, Brussels sprouts, and scallop pieces. Can't beat the bags of cheap scallop pieces when they're on sale, since this meal doesn't need a nice presentation.

No dessert, but I've been considering cracking into the package of Thomas' Cranberry English muffins "Limited Edition". They used to be available year round, then Thomas' restricted their sale to the holiday season. Well HoHoHo! I guess Santa's coming really early this year! :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170916_221512.jpg
    20170916_221512.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 124
Lazy supper tonight. I made some blue cheese dressing to go with a salad of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced carrot rounds, celery, cauliflower, and red onion. The Stirling nuked some Italian sausage that had been grilled several days ago. Served with a Spanish rosé wine. It was really yum and low carb without feeling low carb.

I'm reading this Sunday morning and starting to drool over everyone's meals!

I had pulled out an onion soup from the freezer earlier. Toasted a piece of baguette, cut it into cubes, plunked them on top of the heated soup, covered with grated gruyere, gave it a zap to melt the cheese and was tongue burningly delicious!

I had some spaghetti sauce with oyster crackers, a salad, and some mixed fruit for supper last night. Mom was hungry earlier than I was so I fixed her some cheese toast.

We had Chinese take out. We split Roast Pork and Chinese vegetables and Wonton soup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom