Cold Pizza is Best!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh, cold pizza is okay when I'm in a hurry or starving so badly after work that I just want to quickly shove something down the gullet. Most of the time, though, I want my leftover pizza hot. But I don't microwave it. I like heating it in a skillet or my flat stovetop griddle. I cover it with foil and let it go until the crust is nice and crispy and the pizza is heated through. I don't remember where I learned that little trick (I think it was Alton Brown years ago) but I've been heating my leftover pizza that way ever since.

Sometimes I reheat leftover pizza, and sometimes I don't. It depends on my preference at that moment.

I love leftover fried chicken cold, especially buffalo wings. It is great "grazing" food for me.

CD

I enjoy cold or room temperature pizza for breakfast with a big glass of ice cold skim milk.

I also enjoy pizza that has been buttered and slowly fried in a covered cast iron skillet.

A lot of LO food is good cold, but some of it not - I think it depends on the fat in it. A Thai curry, with that coconut fat in the coconut cream, doesn't feel right to me. That's one of many things I have to at least "warm", to eat. I've never been one that has to eat things burning hot.

A lot of LO food is good cold, but some of it not - I think it depends on the fat in it. A Thai curry, with that coconut fat in the coconut cream, doesn't feel right to me. That's one of many things I have to at least "warm", to eat. I've never been one that has to eat things burning hot.

Oh yeah, cold soups and stews are not good cold. When I have leftover steak, I have to at least warm it up. I can do that with about 20 seconds in the microwave, and it doesn't cook it any more. It just makes it hot enough to chew and taste like steak.

CD

Oh yeah, cold soups and stews are not good cold. When I have leftover steak, I have to at least warm it up. I can do that with about 20 seconds in the microwave, and it doesn't cook it any more. It just makes it hot enough to chew and taste like steak.

CD
Right! You just need to take the chill off. In some cases such as pulled pork, you should heat it enough to liquify the fat so you're not eating chunks of cold white fat.

Some cold soups are my favorites, but they are liquefied, like gazpacho. And I also use the microwave to take the chill off those cold pasta and bean salads I make in the summer - just enough to bring it to room temp. Another thing with the oil in it.

Last edited:
Some cold soups are my favorites, but they are liquefied, like gazpacho. And I also use the microwave to take the chill off those cold pasta and bean salads I make in the summer - just enough to bring it to room temp. Another thing with the oil in it.

I never developed much of a taste for gazpacho, and I've had it in Spain, so I assume it was prepared right. I'll eat it, but I don't ever crave it.

CD

I don't care for cold soups at all. When I think of soup, I think of warmth and comfort.

I tried gazpacho once, just to see what it was like, and I was pretty much going :yuk:

CD

Sometimes I reheat leftover pizza, and sometimes I don't. It depends on my preference at that moment.

I love leftover fried chicken cold, especially buffalo wings. It is great "grazing" food for me.

CD
That's funny. I find cold chicken to be just okay compared to warmed and I like cold steak, though I also like it used in a dish where thin slices of the already cooked steak are sautéed. As to pizza, I like it reheated in a skillet with a lid - 10 minutes at medium in my electric skillet. I don't even remember what cold pizza was like.

Edited to add, that I just remembered that I like leftover steak warmed just to room temperature and used as the protein in a meal salad.

If I'm making a sandwich from leftover meats from a dinner I usually microwave them a bit to warm them a little first.

If I'm making a sandwich from leftover meats from a dinner I usually microwave them a bit to warm them a little first.

For a turkey sandwich, I like it cold. For beef, I like it warm/hot. I love a French Dip sandwich. There used to be a place here in town that made an awesome prime rib, and shaved the leftover beef to make sandwiches on baguette bread with a bowl of au jus for dipping.

CD

Back
Top Bottom