Chicken Marsala, or so they say ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Just a rant.
My wife and I were in Connecticut. Went out for dinner. I ordered chicken Marsala. What they served was chicken in a brown water. Not even a hint of Marsala wine. And instead of "gravy" type sauce, it was brown water, literally.
Told the waitress that they should rename the dish into "Chicken in brown water". My wife always gets mad at me when I give wait stuff hard time. But why shouldn't I? I paid good money for that dinner and when serve crap, why should I be quite? :(

Because it's not the wait staff's fault and they can't do anything about it. Talk to the manager instead.

I agree that it isn't the wait staff's fault and we shouldn't be mean or disrespectful or blame them. I think an off the cuff remark like that is not out of order, as long as it is said calmly and with no disrespect to the server.

I agree that it isn't the wait staff's fault and we shouldn't be mean or disrespectful or blame them. I think an off the cuff remark like that is not out of order, as long as it is said calmly and with no disrespect to the server.

Agree. I was actually quite nice, I smile and also left her a very nice tip.

Back
Top Bottom