Best coffee maker for faculty lounge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennifer Murphy

Senior Cook
Our grandkids are in a small private school. It's been an excellent experience for them and for us. I have been helping the teachers with things to make the classrooms better. I just learned that the coffee maker in the faculty lounge in not working. I would like to by them a really good one to replace it. We recently bought a De'Longhi Magnifica.

It grinds the beans. But it only make one cup at a time. I think it would be a hassle for a faculty lounge.

I would appreciate recommendations for a really good coffee maker for a faculty lounge. Price is not a major issue.

Thanks

My sister had one of these and they are terrific!
Especially handy with a houseful of guest of which some were strictly tea drinkers.
One side would be coffee and the other side she would throw in a teabag(s).

Or if there are no tea drinkers, well then... 2 pots of coffee, one regular and one decaf.

oops, forgot the link: dual carafes

Coffee for that type of situation is tricky.

First thing in the morning and at lunch time there is high demand for coffee so a 12-14 cup coffee pot is probably a good idea. However, in between those rush periods leftover coffee will become undrinkable so a Keurig type machine may make better sense.

Once the choice is made, the issue then becomes how often the coffee maker and pots are cleaned and how the coffee is made.

Maybe the best thing to do is to replace the failed coffee maker with the same make and model.

Good luck.

I don't find leftover coffee objectionable. I drink yesterday's coffee all the time. That being said, I don't make particularly strong coffee. They might like their coffee "stand up and walk across the room" strength.

My sister had one of these and they are terrific!
Especially handy with a houseful of guest of which some were strictly tea drinkers.
One side would be coffee and the other side she would throw in a teabag(s).

Or if there are no tea drinkers, well then... 2 pots of coffee, one regular and one decaf.

oops, forgot the link: dual carafes
The reviews on Amazon are not great, and Amazon says that they are highly reliable.

What is highly reliable, the coffeemaker or the reviews?
I have found Amazon reviews in general to be a little suspect. There is clearly some fraud (vendors paying people to write 5-star reviews). Amazon has recently incorporated FakeSpot from Mozilla, a review checking feature. To turn it on, click on the little double price tag icon at the right end of the URL field. The reviews for DragnLaw's CucinaPro are 3.7 and FakeSpot says their are rated A, meaning that 3.7 is likely a reliable rating.

Go for a bean to cup machine. I am on my second one, and there is nothing better than a fresh cup of coffee, regardless of the time of day.
They are great for making one cup, but may not be so great for a faculty lounge.

Just don’t buy a one cup by one cup variety. Takes too long.

You’ll need one with a large capacity.

How many teachers are there?
It's a small school. Just one class in each K-8 grade, so with admin and specialty teachers, I'd guess not more than 15 total. The lounge is fairly small, can seat maybe 8. And there are also some teacher's aides and parent aides.

Admit I didn't check the reviews but I know my sister had hers for years with no problems.
When I check reviews for items, I start with the lowest review rate and work my way up. I've been happy so far with my choices.

About the Amazon reviews, I use two websites that give a grade to the reviews for Amazon offerings. You paste the URL of the item and those websites have either already rated the reviews or they do it when you submit the URL.

and

I just bought my second one of these. I love it. The first one lasted many years.

Cuisinart DGB-550BKP1 Automatic Coffeemaker Grind & Brew, 12-Cup Glass, Black

61A1zBi3wSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I would make the offer, of a donation, and leave it up to the school.

There may be existing plumbing that they can use, building/fire code issues, etc…

A coffee service might also be a good option to supply the equipment and provide supplies on a routine basis.

Who gets to clean out the carafe when the pot gets left on and burns to coffee.

I'd go with an individual saving coffeemaker. With that, you also won't ever come to work and find a full pot of nasty hazelnut coffee.

CD

Who gets to clean out the carafe when the pot gets left on and burns to coffee.

I'd go with an individual saving coffeemaker. With that, you also won't ever come to work and find a full pot of nasty hazelnut coffee.

CD
Coffee breaks are not long enough for 10 teachers to each get a cuppa from an individual serving maker.

and as to who gets to clean it out... well, it will be the same person that always does it because no one else ever wants to.

Back
Top Bottom