2024 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night, after cleaning up from the dinner, I made another one of those Death By Chocolate Banana Breads, since I had 3 ultra ripe bananas, that I had to use, and this is the best one to make with those.

This loaf I made with yogurt, instead of buttermilk, which I was out of, and I put a tsp of coconut flavoring in, which wasn't really enough - next time, I'll use 2 tsp.

Death By Chocolate Banana Bread by pepperhead212, on Flickr

First slice of Death By Chocolate Banana Bread, for breakfast. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pepper, I betcha you could make muffins with that batter. I quit making banana bread. I just make banana nut muffins. It takes much less time to bake them and they are convenient in a "grab one" format.

I went "deep freezer diving" last week and found a bag of frozen Wild Blueberries that I had bought last February. When my Mother had to have a tooth pulled, I insisted that she stay with us for a few days after to recouperate. I made her all sorts of nice "soft foods" and she was really liking the smoothies. But I guess I missed the Blueberry flavor.
SO, long story ... I made Muffins.

IMG_4499.JPG

I sprinkled some Sanding Sugar atop half the batch (to the right), meh, don't care for that look so much.

IMG_4500.JPG

Sure tasted good though. I used Cake Flour that was also found at the bottom of the barrel. It's dated "opened 9-10-2019" :oops: Well, I'm guessing that it's still okay, as it was in the deep freeze all this time. Now I'm trying to remember what I had bought the cake flour for ... I think I had made this recipe. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom