White pie anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nestlund

Cook
This pie was off the charts! My 1st par bake too.

image-3736547963.jpg

image-2857573104.jpg

Is that pizza?.....it does look delish, whatever it is.

I am not used to people calling pizza a 'pie'.....do Americans refer to pizza as 'pizza pie'? In Canada, it's just 'pizza'.

I am not used to people calling pizza a 'pie'.....do Americans refer to pizza as 'pizza pie'? In Canada, it's just 'pizza'.

It depends on where you live, and who you're talking to. I've always just called it pizza, like everyone else in Sault Ste. Marie. But I've heard it called pizza pie, or even just pie, in various places that I've been, as well as having seen it written both ways on DC.

I think it's just personal preference, and maybe regional.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Yes it's a white pizza meaning no tomato sauce. Whole milk ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, tomatoes, good extra virgin olive oil and about 3 big cloves of garlic.

in nyc it's a pizza pie. in fact, it's common to say i'll pick up a pie and it's known that you meant a pizza.

also here, a white pie is purely white except for the browned crust. no tomato sauce, sometimes a white sauce, with mozzarella, sometimes with ricotta. but no other toppings or colours.

that's not to say yours doesn't look good, nest.

Last edited:
Same in my part of the world, just garlic oil and cheese.

If you added some fresh basil that would be a form of Margherita, in my area.

It looks like a winner no matter what ya call it! :pig:

Now that looks wonderful ! Nice job ... now I'm in the mood for one of those .. do you deliver ????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom