Can anyone identify this fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, no; they neither named the fruit nor gave any insight into it. I've looked up everything everyone had suggested, and have yet to find a picture that matches the actual fruit that was used…
Lots of lemons are shaped like that, with a picture in post 3 matching, which has been pointed out previously.

In my searches thus far, I have not found ANY lemons that are shaped like that, including the ones in post 3, which have tiny pointy little noses, dramatically different than what is shown in the picture.

Perhaps it is some sort of a cross between a lemon and a navel orange where the 'nose' has become extruded.
Too bad the picture is so fuzzy, but fully understand that it is a screen shot. Would love to see the episode. Know anything more about it (the episode)?
Too bad, as you say, that there was only one tiny shot of the fruit in his hand.
I would not take your picture of one fruit as the absolute end all of shapes given to any one species. A multitude of shapes could and does happen with and in almost any thing!

Here's the episode:

I caught another fleeting glimpse of the citrus, unfortunately it's a really tiny picture:

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 8.46.32 AM.png

It looks too cylindrical to be a lemon…? Could it be a hybrid? Is it possible he referred to it as "citrus" because he wasn't sure exactly what it was?

Does it name the other chef? The link you posted only takes me to the Discoery Channel. I can call up the shows but don't have time (nor inclination LOL) to go thru them all.

In my searches thus far, I have not found ANY lemons that are shaped like that, including the ones in post 3, which have tiny pointy little noses, dramatically different than what is shown in the picture.
Perspective difference, an extreme close up versus from much further away. Besides that, the lemon at the bottom toward the left corner has a large, round "nose" visible.

Lemons come in different shapes and sizes, just like all fruits and vegetables do.

We used to make limoncello for which you use the zest. We'd buy a carton or 2 at the restaurant supply place. The ends of the lemons would very often be big enough to make it worthwhile to zest.

Last edited:
From foodnetwork.com

Season 29, Episode 11

Smoove Moves​

Comedian JB Smoove teams up with Michael Symon to give Bobby Flay the funny business. Chefs Mia Castro and Brandon Carter aren't here for laughs -- it's serious business in the kitchen as they try to take Bobby down.
See Tune-In Times

UPCOMING AIRINGS​

SUNDAY
Apr 14
5pm | 4c

The episode is available for free on Max, except it's episode 1, the listing above was apparently a typo on the FN site.

The dressing was made with lemon juice, and it is a lemon, ginger, scotch bonnet and soy sauce. I didn't hear anything about it being oil free though, but could have missed that as Craig was grumbling about the amount of rewinding and rewatching I was doing.

Does it name the other chef? The link you posted only takes me to the Discoery Channel. I can call up the shows but don't have time (nor inclination LOL) to go thru them all.
The link to the Food Network takes you to the DISCOVERY Channel?! That's pretty wild… Anyways, the chef who made the salad is Brandon Carter, and the other one is Mia Castro.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom