What's for dinner, Monday, September 25, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast for dinner. Homemade buttermilk biscuits, fried potatoes & onions, and over-easy eggs. And a glass of tomato juice.

biscuits_eggs_092523_1_IMG_1677.jpg

biscuits_eggs_092523_2_IMG_1681.jpg

Last edited:
I went back to that recipe of Camper Potatoes that I made before that sort of turned into soup and actually did make soup out of it today in the crock pot. A 32oz bag of diced potatoes, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, 2 cups of cream, a jar of Alfredo sauce, a cup and a half of bacon, a half cup of Parmesan cheese, some sour cream, garlic, and some parsley and I'm set. It might be too thick, in which case I'll add some milk to it. I would have added onion, too, but I didn't have any.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on losing any weight this year anyway. I'll probably be eating about 7 tonight.

I made a soup of beef stock, carrots, scallions, and Asian dumplings. It was quite good, but needs a bit of tweaking. With the amount of soy sauce (2 tablespoons in a quart of soup), there really wasn't any need for the salt listed in the recipe. I didn't add it, figuring I would taste it later and add as much as i thought would be good. None, it didn't need anymore. I took pix, but that was with my phone and I'm posting from a computer and can't get into my Google Photos account at the moment, so I don't know how to get the pix over to here. I had never thought of putting Asian dumplings in a soup, but it worked well.

Oh looky, taxlady forgot to click "Post reply" D'oh! :doh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom