What quenches your thirst?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
i have a new thirst quenching addiction. it's snapple diet iced green tea with ginseng, cut 60/40 with water. it's far too sweet full strength, but cut down you can taste the tea and ginseng.

i drank 2 gallons (actually 3 with the water added) of it just this past week.

Have you had the Snapple white tea with nectarine??????????? It's MAGNIFICENT:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2: and extremely thirst quenching!

All flavors of Snapple. And VeraBlue...the white tea with nectarine..YES.

Cold water, gatorade or iced tea is usually works for me. Soda doesn't usually do much to quench thirst.

Water always does the trick. Nothing else quenches my thirst. I may be having a glass of juice and then feel thirsty, I will put the glass down and drink water first then get back to the juice.

I must say water, water, water, but rain water is the absolute best. If you have rain tank you'll never want to drink tap water again. It tastes ssoooooo good. Yumm.

pdilippa said:
I must say water, water, water, but rain water is the absolute best. If you have rain tank you'll never want to drink tap water again. It tastes ssoooooo good. Yumm.
I agree. Rain water tastes great. I drink it when I visit my mum, but here with the pollution of cities I dare not. You've made me thirsty for rain water :) I also used to enjoy fresh river water whenever my brothers and I used to take my grandfather's cows to drink water at the river.We had to bring back water home as my granparents didn't have tap water, just rain tanks and huge earthenware pots to store the water that was brought daily from the river.The sweetness and freshness of the water was incredible.

Smallfry, i suppose when i'm really thirsty like when i wake up, or am out the night. I like IRN-BRU, Scotlands finest beverage. Water also works but it's the flavour. I Did like Mt Dew but regretably they do not sell it in England or Scotland.

pdilippa said:

How does a rainwater tank work? Does it filter the water somehow?

vb, a rainwater tank, or cistern, can use several different types of "systems" to keep the water clean enough for potability, or al least for livestock and plantings.
throughout history, people used to line the viaducts and cisterns with lime to inhibit the growth of yucky stuff. my grandfather built one in his house in ireland, then took my dad to dublin to pick up a water closet and bath tub. when they installed it, the whole town showed up to see the indoor plumbing.
t'was a fiercely rural part of ireland, don't ya know. :lucky:

today, home systems use everything from uv light to ozone to chlorine systems (but then what's the point if you're making your own pool water?).

in bermuda the roofs are painted white with lime for water collection. apparently, if you drink a lot of limey water, you think it's ok to wear shorts with a suit jacket and knee high dress socks...

oh, and thanks for the tip on the snapple. i'm not big on imitation(?) fruit flavors in tea, but i'll give it a shot. ya never know.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
vb, a rainwater tank, or cistern, can use several different types of "systems" to keep the water clean enough for potability, or al least for livestock and plantings.
throughout history, people used to line the viaducts and cisterns with lime to inhibit the growth of yucky stuff. my grandfather built one in his house in ireland, then took my dad to dublin to pick up a water closet and bath tub. when they installed it, the whole town showed up to see the indoor plumbing.
t'was a fiercely rural part of ireland, don't ya know. :lucky:

today, home systems use everything from uv light to ozone to chlorine systems (but then what's the point if you're making your own pool water?).

in bermuda the roofs are painted white with lime for water collection. apparently, if you drink a lot of limey water, you think it's ok to wear shorts with a suit jacket and knee high dress socks...

oh, and thanks for the tip on the snapple. i'm not big on imitation(?) fruit flavors in tea, but i'll give it a shot. ya never know.

The bermuda short shot cracked me up...sitting here laughing out loud..no one home, just me, cackling like a loon:LOL:

A really nice thirst quencher I find is cranberry squash and cold lemonade,always does the trick for me :)

I always have at least 2 Propel bottles with filtered tap water in the fridge, along with a pitcher of filtered tap water which I normally use to make coffee of fill the cat fountain,

a full Brita pitcher, and several bottles of Propel in different flavors. Any of those will quench my thirst, but I usually just grab one of the water-filled Propel bottles.

Milk actually quenches thirst better than water, especially after a workout!

But for an everyday type of thing...I pick: water, ice tea

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom