What did you eat Wednesday, March 6, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner last night was “Asian” style baked chicken wings, Knorr Teriyaki Lo Mein Noodles, and steamed asparagus.

asian_wings_030624_1_IMG_2447.jpg

YUM!!! One of my favorite things...

View attachment 68332

Do you make your own coating? I use Louisiana brand fish fry coating.

CD
That looks amazing, CD! I typically make my own coating. It varies depending on what I have with it. Yesterday's was delivered though. I could eat catfish and rice almost any day, but I would have to make greens for it to be perfect.....or coleslaw. I also have a good recipe for hushpuppies.

Love catfish! Unfortunately very often it is pre-seasoned! Which I find unacceptable!

Have to ask! do you put your seasonings in the breading or directly on and then season?

Love catfish! Unfortunately very often it is pre-seasoned! Which I find unacceptable!

Have to ask! do you put your seasonings in the breading or directly on and then season?

The commercial Fish Fry I buy is already seasoned with cajun seasonings, but not heavily. I like it. It is a very popular brand down here.

CD

We had cold smoked salmon on bagels with quark (fermented milk product that is strained and has a similar texture and flavour to cream cheese), sliced onions, and capers. There were baby dill pickles as our "veg". it was very good. I have taken pix of that a bunch of times, so I couldn't be bothered to take pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom